68

"Mommy? Can I play with Ben again someday?" Sofia asked me the next morning at the table as she munched on her cereal. I smiled over at her as I cut up apples for her lunch, nodding my head.

"Yes, this weekend we are going to see them and we can arrange a play date." I told the six year old. She smiled contently and finished up her cereal, wiping her mouth on the arm of her long sleeve shirt. I rolled my eyes and shook my head at her, walking over and passing her a paper towel as I collected her bowl.

"Ready to go?" I pushed her lunch bag into her bag and handed it to her as she slipped into her shoes. She nodded, grabbing my hand and following me out of the apartment and outside.

I lay on the couch in Nicks arms as he played with my hair, the TV playing some random movie in the background. I had dropped Sofia off at school and was happy to see Nick waiting for me at the door with a grin on his face. I let him in and we sat down with a bowl of popcorn, turning on the Tv and laying together.

He stroked my hair, kissing my cheeks every now and then before pushing me onto my back, beginning a long session of making out. His hands were up my shirt when my phone rang out loudly though the apartment and I groaned against his lips, shooting him an apologetic look before grabbing the phone.

Sofias schools name was printed across my screen and I frowned, they never called, sometimes at night to remind parents about events and such, but never though out the day.

I stepped into my room and closed the door, sitting down on my bed as I started to speak.

"Hello?"

"Hi, may I speak to a parent of Sofia Lovato?" I frowned slightly.

"Speaking."

"Hello, Mrs Lovato, My name is Haley Braze, principle at your daughters school. Today, there was an incident at the school today, and we would like you to come down." My eyes popped out of my head and I answered quietly, telling her Id be there soon.

"Whats up babe?" Nick asked when I walked out into the living room, grabbing my purse.

"I got to go to Sofias school, they just called." He nodded, saying he'd come with me and we headed off to the public school.

***

sorry for the crappy and short chap, i have no inspiration. fuck.

follow me on twitter @toxicl0vinq