47

Demi's POV:

Sofia came running up to me, hoping into my arms and I hugged her to my chest.

"Oh princess, you and Auntie Mar worried me, I thought something bad happened to you. I love you." She nodded, curling up into my chest and laying her head in the crock of my neck. I smiled, moving my hand up her back to stroke the ends of her hair.

We sat on the couch together, under a big thick blanket, watching crime shows, she really does enjoy watching them with me, finally someone who will sit with me for hours on end, just to watch my shows.

I had my arms wrapped around her, every now and then, leaning down to press my lips to her temple. Her fever was gone, but a cough lingered, reappearing every couple of minutes to let me know its still hanging onto my kid.

At around midnight, I clicked the off button on the tv, picking my half asleep daughter off my lap and heading back to my bedroom.

///

two weeks later

Every night has been the same for weeks, Sofia would wake up crying and screaming, drenched in sweat and tears. She could barly get out what was wrong, I assumed it was bad dreams, but I never could understand what she said. I changed her clothes, washing her up and taking her back into my room for the rest of the night.

I was restless, always awake trying to catch her coming out of her nightmare before she started screaming, the whole building could hear her some nights, but I never got to her before it. I never slept, always needing to be there for her.

Working on my next album was going slow, I was supposed to realise it within the next month, but we werent even half through the songs I had to record. The nightmares where stressing me, my neighbours and my little girl out.

The sad fact was, even with Marissa she wasnt happy, Marissa used to be her best friend, she was always excited to hear Marissa was coming over. Now, Marissa always meant a new tantrum and sobbing. I hated leaving her, but I couldnt take her with me, dispite wanting too, plus, Marissa and I were getting better and I had a free babysitter for now.

I walked out from Sofias room with my hands covering my tired eyes. I slumped down on the couch next to Mar and she patted my thigh.

"Itll get better, shell be okay." I nodded, leaning my head on my best friends shoulder and sighing.

"These nightmares, they scare me, I cant imagine whats going on with her, she so scared. Its Kalum all over again," I saw her face weaken.

"No, Mar I meant how she didnt like him, that is in the past, Im sorry." She nodded, standing up and kissing my cheek.

"See you Monday? Maybe we can all hang out on Saturday?" I nodded, getting up and following her out.

I had a shower, letting my own tears fall before getting out, getting dressed and turning on the monidor for Sofias room on my laptop. I curled up in my bed with the laptop infront of me and watched my baby sleep, her chest rising and falling in a slow pace. The pain on her face even showed in her sleep, the poor thing. I didnt understand what was going on.

I woke hours later to a loud ring coming from the living and kitchen area. I groaned, pushing my self up off my warm, soft bed and looked at the screen. Sofia was laying on her stomach, her thumb in her mouth, she had yet to wake up screaming.

I tiptoed down the hallway and saw the source of the ringing, Mar's iPhone, on the island in the kitchen. I picked it up, looking at the screen and frowned.

Asshole #1: Pics & vids from today, babe ;)

I felt horrible for clicking on the message, but I was half asleep and curious. The file loaded, not showing me what it was, so I clicked on downloud, waiting a few seconds before it popped up.

My mouth dropped open, I couldnt believe what I was seeing. Tears pricked in my eyes, pain shot through my heart and my small dinner almost made a reappearence.

Picture after picture loaded, showing me more and more of what I was missing.

I shakely clicked over the play button of a video.

Kalum and so many other guys, hovering over a table where the crying, small body lay strapped to it. Their hands touched her, laughing at her cries for help.

I scrolled up through the messages, cringing at the sexting and pictures of themselves they have scared. More and more videos, pictures and voice recordings over the last few weeks showed up. Tears fogged up my view and I dropped the phone down, falling down onto the ground.

My baby has been being tortured for weeks and I didnt even know.

///

Heyy guys, how are you all? Pissed at me? Probs. I love you all!

Thank you for all reading, I am getting closer and closer to my goal of 1 million reads as everyday passes!

35 comments + 100 votes = new chapter! (only one comment per person guys)