45

Demi's POV:

I didn't think it would take this long to discuss some of my new song ideas, 4 hours is already long enough but 5, going on 6 hours sitting around a round table and talking about my music with people I really don't even know? Thats insane.

At 9:30 I had texted Marissa and asked her to chill out at my house for a few hours, since I wouldn't be home until a little later. She replied with a simple yes and told me Sofia was awake playing.

I sat with my head in my hands, paying attention with my ears as I thought about my daughter, I missed her so much, despite the fact that I saw her only a few hours. I played with my phone, they believed I was taking notes while I was really scrolling threw pictures of us. I grinned when I got to a set of twenty or so photos from a few weeks ago.

We had been outside at the beach, she had just finished playing in the salty water and came over to have a drink of cold water. Her long hair was brushed back into high pony tail that stuck to her neck and back. I wiped off her face with a towel, checking my phone for any texts about her birthday party, which as you know, got canceled and she took my phone from my hands, opening the camera.

She sat down on my lap, turning on the front camera and sticking out her blue stained tongue from a slushy this morning. I mocked her expression, sticking out my own tongue which was coloured red from my slushy. The pictures continued, silly smiles and giggles, it was adorable and the photo shoot was quick but adorable.

I sighed, coming out of my daydreams with a big smile across my face. The insanity drew on, and I decided to excuse myself from the room for a second to call my baby and her sitter.

I dialed Marissas number, waiting for it to be picked up and Marissas voice to fill my ears, but the ringing drew on and on. I groaned softly, hanging up and walking back inside, sighing.

Sitting at that table for another half hour killed me, fucking hell. When it was finally over, I pushed and shoved my way away from the building and climbed into my car. The drive back to my house would have taken 30 minutes, but the universe was out to get me and I was stuck at every possible red light, my luck.

I tried Marissa again threw the blue tooth thing in my car, still no answer, I was kind of worried.

•••

Finally, I got into my part of town and pulled up into my parking area. I looked up at the windows and frowned slightly, all the lights where turned off, that wasn't something Marissa did, she hates the dark. I grabbed my purse and rushed threw the dark parking lot before opening the door with my key, running upstairs.

I was out of breath by the time I got up to the top of the steps, not caring that the elevator could have been faster and I fumbled to unlock my door. As soon as I stepped inside, I knew something was wrong.

"Sofia?! Marissa?! Baby girl? Where are you guys? This isn't funny!" I shouted, starting to panic. I ran throughout all of the rooms, screaming for my daughter, but her little voice never replied. I stood in the middle of my living room, tears streaming down my cheeks, wheres my little girl?