Babies and Booze

Demi and the baby only stayed in the hospital overnight before the headed home. The first week after her birth was incredible, there was some difficulties juggling three kids now. Wilmer was only able to take a few days off and then Demi was on her own trying to get both girls off to school while having an infant. Her mom had been coming over when she could and helping out, but Demi was incredibly in love with her youngest girl, much like both her other girls.

The only concern they had was Sofia. The eleven-year-old was becoming distant and not herself, something Wilmer and Demi had noticed, but were not too concerned with it at the moment, it was something they were going to learn to deal with while juggling a four-year-old and two infants as well as an eleven-year-old. 

Their home was packed with baby shower stuff for the new baby that was welcomed into the family, packages from distant family members and friends from across the world sent things after word spread of the birth of their baby.

Demi and Wilmer had emptied out the guest room, picked out a black wooden crib with gray sheets and her monogram stickers stuck to the wall above her crib. Each of the kids had a monogram sticker in their room, and it had become a little tradition for them almost.

The baby had been sleeping after nursing for the day, Wilmer had to go into work since he had taken too much time off over the past few months and the girl's were at school for the day. She watched her baby in the crib, sleeping all swaddled up under her monogram sticker.

NMV: Nevaeh Madeline Valderrama

Her name matched so well with the other girls.

SML: Sofia Grace Lovato

FEV: Faithlyn Elizabeth Valderrama

After a few moments, she stood and quietly exited the room and walked down the hall to Faithlyn's room, she picked up toys and made the bed, opening the curtains and cleaning out her drawers, refolding her daughter's clothing. After the four years old room was pretty much clean, she moved into Sofia's room where she began cleaning up around the room. Although her children had chores themselves, Demi hadn't been enforcing them since the babies came home. As she was fixing the rug, she noticed something under the bed. It was a tissue and she reached in, grabbing the balled up fabric and bringing it out from under the bed. She frowned as she un crinkled the tissue, looking down at the clearly blood stained white tissue. Demi's thoughts were instantly filled with flashbacks and bad thoughts about where the blood could have come from, but shook them out of her mind. Her daughter couldn't be doing that, there had to be a better explanation, maybe it was nosebleeds?

She shook it off and threw it out, moving down to the kitchen to make herself something to eat as well as getting the girl's dance snack bags ready, they would be coming home tonight and had an extra practice for their recital tonight, it was not mandatory, but knew the girl's wanted to go.

She was feeding Nevaeh when the girl's pulled up, their bus dropped them off at the front of the house every day and soon the door opened, and slammed shut. Demi cringed, hoping it wouldn't wake the calmed down baby as the girl's ran into the room with their backpacks on their backs. Sofia dropped hers on the couch and Faith dropped hers on the ground, jumping up onto the couch beside her, looking down at her little sister with a smile.

"Mommy, can I hold?" Faithlyn asked and Demi couldn't help but grin at the four-year-old. She nodded, and helped her daughter hold onto her other daughter, replacing the bottle into her mouth with her soother and allowing Faith to hold it to her sister. The little girl could hold her own with her sister, she was strong and very gentle with her, but Demi stayed close just in case.

"How was school, Sof?" She asked her eleven rear old, who shrugged and looked over at her mother.

"It was okay." She paused, looking around the room as if she needed to say something before, restarting to talk to her mother.