27

Sofia ran up into my replacement bedroom and threw herself onto the bed, giggling as I ran in after her.

"I win mommy." She replied as I sat down next to her on the bed, laying back. It was early in the afternoon and I really hated this house, spending these weeks here made me upset, sad and angry.

"You know what kiddo? We are going to go out and look for a new house, just for me and you" Sofia frowned, looking at me.

"Why mommy?" I sighed and stroked her cheek.

"This house makes me sad, very sad and I dont like it. I know you love your room but we will get a new one, a better one." She nodded and climbed up onto my chest, cuddling into me.

"No more Kalum right momma?" I shook my head and kissed her temple.

"No more."

---

(time skip, one month)

I smiled as I threw the last empty box out into the cardboard bin in the lobby of my new apartment, we had found the perfect apartment, three bedrooms, beautiful view, amazing kitchen and two big bathrooms. I sold the old house to some couple with 6 kids who where very happy with the home and email transferred my stupid fucking ex half the money, not like I needed anymore money.

Sofia was running around in the backyard, a gated playground with tones of outdoor toys, a pool, trampolines and tones of other childish toys, although sometimes when the place was empty, I went on with her.

She had gotten so much of her self confidence back, it amazed me to see her so happy. She laughed hourly, she smiled all day, she had started talking so much more.

Her birthday was coming up and the friends she had made here were coming over, their moms too. There was about 3 girls and 4 boys, but only two of them were staying the night. My little girl is good with the boys, shes very active and had recently asked about being put in dance lessons with her friends, which I had been looking into.

I yawned and headed to the back door, pushing it open where Sofia was playing tag with some of the girls and boys she had be friended. I smiled and sat down on the grass next to the other younger moms, the older ones were very judgemental and disliked how young we were. We talked quietly for a while until the su was starting to go down and the night time coldness, it wasn't very cold, started to drift threw.

"Sofia! Come on baby girl." I called out, standing up and dusting myself off. Sofia walked very slowly towards me, pouting, she had never enjoyed coming in for dinner or bedtime.

"Mommy do we gotta go inside, our game was justing gettin fun!" My almost six year old whined. I laughed and picked her up, placing her on my hip. Her hands automatically found my freshly dyed blue hair, she twisted it around her tiny fingers gently.

"Sorry cutiepie you need a bath and you haven't eaten since lunch time, you've got to be starving." As if on cue, her tummy rumbled and I have it a soft poke.

"See?" She giggled and nodded her head, letting out a light yawn. I carried my daughter back into the building and made my way to the elevator. She reached out and pressed down on the sixth button on the key pad.

When we reached the floor of our apartment, I unlocked the door and put her down on the hardwood floors. She made a run for the couches, throwing herself onto them. She picked up my iPad that was charging on the side table and opened it.

"What's for dinner mommy?" Fia asked, her tongue stuck out at the corner of her month, she was trying hard on whatever game she was focused on at the moment.

"Hmm, well what about mad and cheese? Mommys lazy" she giggled and nodded her head.

"When are you not?" I gaped at her, and then laughed. She had so much sassy and sarcasm for a five year old, it was adorable.

"Good point missy, but Mac and cheese it is." I pulled down a box of Kraft dinner and started a pot of water. I let the water boil for a bit, checking threw Instagram and such when a text from my agent came threw.

"Demi, want to play a suprise show tonight? No one will know you are coming, it's a big event only a few hours from you, we could get you a plane fast and get you here I time for the concert." I would have loved to, but I had no babysitter, usually Marissa would watch her or Maddie when I needed someone.

"Ugh shit I have no one to watch Sofia though."

"Bring her with you, I'll watch her while you are on stage Demi." I sighed, knowing this would be good for me since I hadn't performed in a while, although I had been working on some stuff for a while.

"Okay, I'll pack a night bag, put the food I'm making in a container and I'll be ready in twenty." I texted back, putting the noodles in the bowl. I got no reply, so I knew I'd have to work fats. I stirred the noodles and put the cheese in when I drained them out.

I poured some into a bowl, putting it on the counter for Sofia.

"Baby girl, come eat, mommy and you are going on a trip, do you need to be fast while I pack." She nodded, smiling big. She always loved traveling. I planned to take her around the world this summer.

She started eating after I got her a milk box, and I rushed into her room. I grabbed her pink suitcase from the closet. I grabbed three tshirts, three pairs of shorts, a pair of sweat pants, a few pairs of soaks, a few pairs of underwear, some tennis shoes and other things she needed, plus a little extra just in case, she's five, anything could happen.

After, I put it out in the hall and threw things into my suitcase, just random things I usually took and packed up the iPad, my laptop, my phone and my make up bag.

I rushed out, smiling at Sofia who had put her bowl in the sink and put on her sweater, shoes and grabbed her suitcase. She stood in the doorway, grinning at me.

"C'mon slow poke!" She undid the latch on the door and rushed out, me on her heels.