48

I lay, on the ground, tired and dried out of tears as the sun grew in the sky. Light filled my apartment and I still kept my head down on the floor, Marissa's phone laying next to my head and my home phone in my hand.

I wanted to call 9-11, I did, but I just didnt have that energy anymore, I couldnt do it, I dont know why I couldnt do it. I heard a shuffling down the hallway and little padded feet came into view from under the kitchen table.

"Mommy?" Sofia asked quietly, looking around the room. I forced myself off the ground, crawling over to her. My tears reappeared as soon as I saw my little girl, I couldnt even look at her without imagining what they did to her.

"Hi mo- Why you crying?" She frowned, reaching her arms out to touch my cheek. Her shirt sleeve pulled up and a cut peaked out from under the t-shirt. I broke into sobs, pulling my little girl against my chest and holding her there. Marissa told me she fell, thats bullshit, he did this too her, he did this to my little girl.

"I know sweetie, I saw, I have seen what they did to you., oh god baby why didnt you tell me?" I stammered out as she stiffined in my arms.

"W-What? Mommy, I-I dont know what youre talking about." She was tense, her heart beating thousands of times a second.

"Baby girl, stop, I know, I know now, I saw, please.." She took a second, almost trying to wonder upon if I was bluffing or not.

"S-She, they.. I wasnt 'loud or t-theyd hurt me Momma." Sofia whimpered, grabbing at my shirt and pulling herself tightly against me. I tried up my tears, trying to keep myself calm, seeing me upset wouldnt help her one bit.

"Shh, baby girl, lets go." I stood up, taking her against my chest and heading towards the door.

///

The police station was pacted, officers swirling around the office like there was donuts all over the floor. I sat on one of the chairs at the front before the glass door kept us away from the jail cells and the officers work desks. The lady at the desk told me they would be right with me, but I was getting impacient, I just wanted to get these fucking people locked up.

My eyes wondered around the room, Sofia was curled up against my chest with her thumb in her mouth and her other hand in my hair. A face on a builtion board caught my attention, he was a little different, his unshaved face made me cringe inside and I stood up, walking over to get a better look.

The board was filled with people the local police department has been looking for and who are on the radar. I scowled, staring at the faces of two of the men who hurt my baby. I took a deep breath, wanting to punch that builton board so hard my fist would go through the wall, but I just couldnt.

I sat down back at my chair, closing my eyes and shaking my head. I rubbed my hand down Sofias back, scratching my fingers down her back gently. I didnt know how long I lay there with my child in my arms, but soon after, the police station door opened and noise entered the building.

"We got him, boss!" One yelled and my eyes fixed on the man they where pushing in the door. His smug, stupid fucking eyes that I used to look caught my gase and anger shot threw me. Sofia opened her eyes and looked up at me, seeing that I was glaring at the man they where approaching with.

Sofia followed my gase and her whole body tensed up, tears almost instantly started to fall down her cheeks. She screamed, squirming and thrashing in my arms. As soon as he saw her reaction, an evil, asshole smirk crossed his face. I turned away from him. hurt crossing my face as I tried to calm her down.

"You're a sick son of a bitch, you and your buddies, Marissa included are going to rot in a jail cell for the rest of your fucking lives!" I screamed at him, placing my cold hands over my daughters warm ears as her tears where soaked into my t-shirt.

"I wouldn't count on it baby." He gave me a wink and I turned away in disgust. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the officer push him into a jail cell and say something un audible from where I was.

"M-Mommy please don't let h-him hurt me!" She babbled out, sobbing loudly into me and gagging slightly, gasping for air. I snatched my purse from the floor, throwing it open and grabbed the inhaler the doctors have me weeks ago when she had her accident.

I got her to release the air from her lungs and take a long breath of the ventolin. Her breathing came down to a semi normal speed but her tears never stopped pouring from her blood shot, tired, hurt little blue eyes.

///

I couple of comments off and I still updated. I love you all.
Here's something: I hate asking for comments, but I hate not getting comments because I wonder if you do like it. So all 23 people who have comments on the last chapter without me saying "10 till next chapter!" Thank you all (: means a lot.

CHALLENGE:
40 comments and in the morning I'll update as soon as I am awake.
50 comments and I'll update twice tomorrow (;

I love you all so much, thank you all for rising and for 269k!!!