My Baby

It was a long day, Sofia was cranky and tired, her tummy was sore and I could barely get her to fall asleep for a majority of the day. Kalum was stuck at work and I hadn't done any of the things I wanted today, I hoped to get the rest of the boxes in the living room unpacked. Sofia refused to lay down anywhere without me, but by four in the afternoon I got her to lay on the couch and watching a movie while I made dinner. She had her throw up bucket sitting next to her and I snapped a quick shot from the kitchen of her laying there and posted it to my Instagram.

Everyone knew about my daughter now, my parents had been away on vacation but still knew about what I had done, and they had some opinions at first, but were okay with it after a while and  were excited to meet her sometime soon.

I sighed, continuing to cook as she watched her movie. If you asked me a few months ago where I thought I was going to me, it would definitely not be living in a big house with a five year old and my boyfriend. 

By the time dinner was ready, I put it away and then went to the couch, sitting down with my baby. She cuddled into my side, her nose running and her face burning up, but I didn't care. I lay with her for a little while before she turned her face into my side and mumbled a soft sentence that killed my heart instantly. 

"I love you, mommy."