35

I pulled back from Marissas shoulder and pulled out the clothes, setting them on the bed. I leaned down to kiss my daughters head and pat her stomach gently. She whined and rolled over, her beautiful eyes opening and catching the dim lights.

"Hey beauty, I got you come PJs from home." She ergly sat up and frowned, looking across the room at an awkward Marissa leaning against the door frame. 

"Whys she here momma?" She whispered quietly as I helped her dress from the hospital gown into the comfy clothes. I sighed, not knowing how to explain this to her.

"She brought us somethings, and I- I think she and I are going to work things out, hun." I tried, not knowing if I really was going to work things out. She nodded, I could almost see her mind working.

"Kalums not coming back into our lives thought pretty girl, I promise." Her forrowed eyebrows unclenched and she nodded, plopping down on the bed.

"When can I leave mommy?" She asked me, pulling the blankets back over her legs. You could still hear her wheezing slightly, her hands instantly found the IV on her arm. I swatted her hand away gently, shaking my head.

"Well talk to the doctor, but for now, you need to go to sleep." It was late and if she was realised, we would be flying out tomorrow. She sighed and pouted, but layed back as I turned off the lights and tucked her in.

"Night princess, I love you." I placed a soft kiss on her head, it was sort of warm but I wasnt to worried about that right then.

"Night mommy, g'night auntie Marissa, me and mommy missed you.." She whispered before closing her eyes and almost instantly falling alseep.

---

Marissa and I were both outside the room with cups of coffee, it was silent and I hated it, but how do you start conversations with your ex best friend after not talking for months?

"Demi? Can we talk? I just-" I nodded, I had so many questions.

"I thought you wouldnt want to, you know, be friends again or anything, I know I messed up but I serioulsy regret it so much, I was an idiot, how could I do that to you? I love you, these months have been horrible. I promise you I havent been with Kalum since the day you um caught us, I blocked him on everything and.." She spoke till her voice cut out because tears pricked in her eyes. I sighed slightly and shook my head.

"Its fine, I just, can we forget this all? I miss you too, but I dont think we can ust be best friends again, Im beyond hurt but I do love you, Im sorry too, I was a bitch for months." 

The talking went on for a while, all small talk, nothing much. At around 2 am, Marissa left and I unblocked her number, telling her to text me so we could t alk again. I climbed into the bed with my baby girl, holding her tightly as I finally let all the tears go. 

I almost lost my pride and joy that day, I could never lose her.