Fighting for Her

I smiled weakly as I waved my daughter away, I had just dropped her off at the school with Maddie and I had the house to myself today. My original plan had been to spend the day getting everything organized and shopping for the things we didnt have, but now I had other things to deal with. 

Inside my house, I unpacked a kitchen box of bowls, plates and cups before grabbing two towels from the closet and going into the master bathroom. I then turned on the large shower and undressed quickly. The pure rage that took me over made my mood bounce, but the sadness I was also feeling helped to calm that, but only to an extent. 

I climbed into the shower and sat down on the seat on the side, leaning my head down against my hands that were propped up against my knees. What was I going to do? Let him take her? No, I wouldn't. My lawyer had been informed and had told me she'd call me with any information she could get. 

I sat and thought in silence, letting the hot water from the shower head hit me and allowed myself to feel pain. I then cried and yelled, letting go of my anger, sadness and other feelings out. My life was too much for me, my life was off the tracks and I wanted it back, I wanted to go back a few months ago, before Amelia got sick and before anything bad happened to ruin my life, that was a high moment and I wanted it back. My husband, my two daughters, our New York apartment. I wanted to do the things we planned, get married in New York, honeymoon in Cuba, start writing and producing again. I want my life back.

Amelia was gone, up with God's finest, Nick was also gone, just some place else, somewhere dark. Sofia was different, she was changing, she wasn't an innocent little girl anymore, she was seven and had felt the pain of a lifetime. I wanted to get her away from this, all of it. I thought Texas and my family was our escape. I wanted it to be our escape. 

After what felt like hours, I finally finished up and climbed out, sure I had no hot water left, but I had gotten time to myself. As I dried off, I stopped at my wrists and looked beyond my tattoos. I remembered what they used to look like, all that pain and teenage anger, I didn't like it, I hated it, I was better than it. I didn't want to be that person again. 

After dressing, I got back into bed and curled up under the sheets. With my tv remote, I opened Netflix and allowed myself to get some sleep. I was only awoken by the sounds of the door opening to my house and I jerked up, scrambling to find my phone. What time was it? Who in the hell was in my house?

I searched for my phone but realized it was downstairs, well fuck, good job Dems. I then got up and listened to the sounds of heavy feet running around downstairs and sighed in relief when I saw a head of braided blonde hair run past the stairs.

"Mom! There you are, Maddie and I were lookin for you!" She gave me a toothy grin, her two top front teeth had fallen out and she now sported a nice little gap. She grabbed my hands and wrapped me in a hug, which I returned and looked up at the mirror on the wall. I looked like complete shit, but my daughter didn't care. I hugged my baby tightly and felt tears well in my eyes. 

Later on, Sofia went to an extra dance practice they scheduled and I was back at home, waiting for a call from my lawyer but getting nothing until I was just about to go back into the garage to go on the treadmill again.

"He has a strong case, Dem, but we can fight this, we can do this." She had spent a while discussing his plan and told me, in small, watered down details, what Richard was planning. This man who I had slowly been welcoming into my life was planning on taking my daughter and her biological mother out to his cabin in Montana. He wanted to start over and make my child forget about me, which I for one, wasn't going to let him do. 

"That bastard!" I yelled as I ended the phone call a little while later. I shook my head and ran my fingers through my tangled mess of my hair. This was not right. How could he do this? Why does he want to do this? I tossed my phone onto my bed and walked downstairs. I had expected my living room to be empty, but it now was occupied by the one man I could cut into tiny little fucking pieces.

"Hello Demi." Richard's disgusting voice spoke. 

Updated December 26th 2016