61

My make up was pretty much finished when Sofia came running into the bathroom, squealing loudly. She had her hands cupped together, jumping up and down next to me. I turned to face her, her hair was up in a messy bun and she dressed herself in a black stripped dress. 

"What, baby girl?" She opened in her hand and smiled proudly at me, thats when I noticed the gap in the bottom of her mouth. A small white tooth sat in her hand and I clapped my hands together, leaning down to kiss her head.

"My toof is gone!" She shaked excitedly, her missing tooth causing a small lisp, a adorable little lisp.

"Im proud of you, bean! Tonight, we will put it under your pillow, the tooth fairy will come down and leave you a couple dollars." She nodded her head excitedly before allowing me to place the tooth in a plastic bag.

She ran back to her room, putting it under her dark purple pillow before running at me and jumping into my arms. I grabbed my purse, taking out my phone and taking a cute selfie of the two of us. She showed off her gap and giggled as I entered the caption.

We walked out of the apartment, walking down the darkening roads towards the movie threatre. She swung my hand and whisled though her toothless mouth. 

Sofia pointed towards the sign, we were going to see "The Box Trolls", she had wanted to see it since the moment it came out, freaking out when it came on the TV, radio or YouTube ads, so I agreed to take her to it Friday night.

I noticed Nick leaning against the wall and when he saw me, he smiled and waved. Sofia was too interested in looking around to notice him walking towards us.

I dropped her hand and kissed his cheek, going into his arms as he opened them.

"Hey Demi!" He said, grinning at me. I said hello back and looked down at my daughter who was looking at us like we were crazy.

"Nick, this is Sofia, my baby girl. Princess, this is Nick, mommys friend." She raised an eyebrow at him and shrugged, grabbing my hand and jerking me foreward.

"Well, me and mommy gotta see a movie, bye bye Nick." She replied, rather rudely and I pulled her back, looking down at her with a frown, her mood just suddenly turned around.

"Sweets, Nick is coming with us to see the movie." Her eyes widened and she let out a whine, shaking her head.

"Mommy! No, just you coming!" I shook my head at her and glanced at Nick appolizingly. He shrugged, smiling softly at me. I ignored Sofias whines and we started towards the ticket booth. I could feel Sofias grip on my hand tightening as we ordered tickets, Nick headed to get some popcorn and we walked to get good seats.

We sat in the dimmly lighted room as we waited for the movie to start. Sofia sat on my right, Nick on my left. Sofia grumbled and complained, her mood not getting any better as we tried to make conversation with her. 

Nick tried to share his m&ms with her, I had told him her love with m&m's and gummies bears, but she shook her head and crossed her arms in a angry pout.

The movie trailers began to play and the theatre darkened, as did Sofias mood as Nick and I talked. She put her feet up on the chair in front of us, shrinking down in her seat and kicked at the seat that her feet were on a couple times.

I looked over at her and shook my head, silently telling her to stop. She stopped for a few seconds, but then started to kick again.

Several warnings later, the opening scene started and Sofia still wouldnt stop, so I leaned down, lightly swatting my hand against the side of her leg and sending her a stern glare.

"Little girl, if you dont stop your kicking, I will call Dallas and have her, pick you up and take you home." Dallas was in coming in to town for the weekend, but hadnt gotten here yet. Sofia liked her Auntie Dallas, from the facetimes we had done. I hoped Sofia didnt know that Dallas wasnt here yet, if she did, then my threats were going to do nothing.

She quieted down with the pouting and whining, kicking and groaning, sitting back and just staring at the movie playing infront of us.