~The Girl that he understood~

Requested by Carlarosebutterfly

Thank you!

~~~

There was a girl. A young girl. Who bore raven black locks, and green emerald eyes. Some say she was silent because she just chose to be that way, others said that being an orphan made her feel the need to never talk.

It was none of the conclusions actually. Y/n was cursed. The source of it was unknown. But she was cursed.

Cursed. To never speak, or cause noise. This was deemed as an advocate when she was taken in by the Malfoy's at 7. And although Draco had always wished to have a friend to play with. He was a little disappointed that she couldn't talk, but it didn't matter because he had a friend now.

Draco didn't have many friends because his father forbids him from ever playing with the muggle kids. And the other wizarding kids weren't any fun. Draco would always peer out the window and watch the muggles play. In the winter he'd catch them building snowmen, and having snowball fights. In the summer, he'd see them run around trying to catch the other, and even take a chance at spraying each other with the hose. It was a peculiar thing to him. How could a long green rubber rope carrying a surge of water the way it does? It was a question that would never be answered. Because it was a muggle contraption, but he didn't mind.

When Y/n had arrived. Her timid charisma took over the minute she saw Draco. She hid behind Narcissa's leg, peeking out every now, and then to catch a glimpse at the blonde. She found his hair quite intriguing. Wondering, how it could get that white. No matter, she liked it. It reminded her of snow. Her favorite season.

"I'm Draco, Draco Malfoy" He'd said. The tone of his voice sounded so formal and well said. He extended a hand for Y/n to shake.

Cautiously she extended her own and shook Draco's hand. A small smile formed on her lips, but still, she tucked herself behind Narcissa's leg.

~~~

Y/n liked playing chess. It seemed to be the only interactive thing The Malfoys could get her to do. She beat Draco every time, which is why he hated playing. Before he didn't mind the game, now he despised it. Because every time Y/n would gesture for him to play, he knew he'd lose. Even if he cheated, which he did. And that time he ended up losing miserably.

"Can't we do something else?" Draco asked after he moved his pawn which was immediately intercepted by Y/n's white knight. It earned Draco a groan of displeasure.

Y/n looked up at him, she thought for a solid minute before pointing to the window, then gesturing a squiggle with her hand. Draco misread the gesture.

He scoffed, "It's a blizzard out there we cant play in the snow".

Y/n let out a frustrated sigh, Then pointed to the window again, and then made another squiggle gesture. He still couldn't tell his right from left.

"We can't!" He said frustrated.

Y/n closed her eyes and huffed. Then got up from her seat. Hit the window, and then stormed to the desk and picked up a piece of paper and pencil. Gesturing it forward toward him.

"Ohh..." It clicked, "You want to draw?" He asked.

Y/n nodded.

"Alright..." Draco agreed, his tone calming to a sensible range.

Y/n smiled and tossed him a note pad and pencil.

~~~

"The first day of Hogwarts" Narcissa hugged both of the 11-year-olds, "You've both grown so much" She fought back the tears and sniffed. "You both must write! And be kind to one another. Promise?" She asked smiling.