~The Tutor~ Pt. 2

AH! I'm so sorry! it's taken me awhile to post part 2. I've had some trouble with school, and I've had a mild migraine all week, so I haven't been able to think properly, or write. But here you are!

~~~

"Malfoy, seriously focus"
I pleaded once more.

It was Thursday, counting as our second study session, and Draco wouldn't keep his focus on the book. And I was about to seriously loose my patience. 

"Why?" He asked cocking a brow.

"Because, if you're grades keep slipping, you'll fail Transfiguration, and you won't graduate" I began as I organized the books. "Plus, it is my job to make sure you pass, and if I fail you, and you grades keep slipping, like I said, you won't graduate, therefore I will now live the rest of my life sitting in my drawing room with a cup of tea wondering, why I couldn't tutor a 16 year old arrogant slim ball" By this time I had lost my patience. Draco was sitting in silence, carefully he grabbed the book, and opened. Glancing at me every few seconds. His expression was mixture of slight concern, and bafflement. Like he was thinking, have I made her gone mad? 

I took a deep breath, and sat in my seat. Draco did not say a word until he was done reading the portion he had been instructed to read. 

"Done" He stated. 

I set down my own book, and pulled out a feather. "That was quicker than I expected"  I mumbled, "Alright, now try to transfigure this feather into a dove?" I pointed to the white feather in the center of the table.

"Easy" Draco sassed pridefully. 

He pulled out his wand, and held it above the feather, with a swish from the side, and a flick from the left, he pointed his wand down at the feather. Immediately it began to twirl, seconds later landing with only the doves back half transfigured, the front of it, still a feather. But it tweeted like how a bird should, and it hoped around in confusion. 

Draco however, even with this much progression was still not happy. He seemed frustrated, sitting with his arms crossed, and a pout on his face. 

"Oh, come on. That was great! Last time you only were able to get the feet" I said enthusiastically, trying to cheer him up. Which was no use. 

"Yeah, well its still not the full bird" Draco said muddled. 

"Yes well, thats why we need to keep working" I smiled lightly. I guess I was more thrilled about it, then he was. Being the fact that I was pissed at him just moments ago, and now I'm cheering him on to keep working. "You can do it". 

Draco rolled his eyes, and stood up. He peeked at the clock, seeing as it read 9:30 p.m. The end of our study session, he packed his things up, and strolled out of the library.      

I sat there for the next five minutes thinking of absolutely nothing, until I decided to pack up my own things, and head back to the common room. When I got there Draco was nowhere to be see, so I guessed he probably went to his dorm. I retired to mine, and sighed as I laid my head down on my pillow. 

"Tough night?" Daphne asked looking up from her book about Sherlock Holmes. 

"Just about, yeah" I sighed tiredly. 

"Well, if you were to give up the tutoring with Malfoy, I'm sure pansy would step up to the spot" Daphne laughed lightly. I mentally gagged at the thought of Pansy trying to seduce Draco during a study session, immediately a shiver ran down my spine, followed by a feelings of jealousy. Since 1st year I never liked Pansy. And neither did Draco, every one knew that. 

But that didn't stop her from trying to sit on his lap, hold his hand, and every now and then she'd try to steal a kiss. It made us all uncomfortable. 

Honestly, the thought of backing down from the tutoring did cross my mind every now and then. But my feelings for Draco were too strong to let that leech become even more attached to him, not to mention she knew I liked him, so that would just mean more of a reason for her throw her fantasied desires at him. 

"To be honest, the only tough part about it, is that he doesn't believe he can get better, which helps lower the chances of him actually passing this class" I responded sitting up from my laying position. 

"Maybe you should try to convince him he can, then" Daphne replied setting down her book, and looking at me. 

"Daph, this is Malfoy we're talking about" I said Dryly. 

"Exactly, so show him he can pass this class, prove him wrong" Daphne said emphasizing her last three words. 

I took a deep breath, nodded. "Alright, but if I fail at proving him wrong, you owe me 20 galleons" I said, this will be interesting. 

This could go one of two ways. Draco exceeds, and believes that he can pass the class . Or, He could fail, and re-take the class for the next two years. All I was hoping was that is was't going to be the latter. 

I'm sorry it was a bit short, but part 3 will be up soon! (hopefully) 

Thank you all for the Reads, and votes!! 

~Jaye <3