🍏𝓕𝓪𝓶𝓲𝓵𝔂🍏

It's been four years since the battle of Hogwarts, the wizarding world has come a long way since then. Trying to rebuild what has been lost.

I had married the love of my life Draco after we both graduated Hogwarts, and now we have a 3 month old daughter, D/N (daughters name). She's brought joy and happiness to our lives and we couldn't be more grateful.

Even though I had lost my parents in the war and D/N would never be able to meet them, Draco had mended things with his father, and now his parents visit often. Especially Narcissa, she's always happy and eager to see D/N.

~~~

I had woken from a quiet sleep and sat up seeing that my husband wasn't in the bed next to me, I figured he would have gotten up early to have some coffee and read or spend time with D/N. So I got out of bed and walked out of our bedroom and across the hallway to D/N's bedroom to see if she was in there. It was decorated in rose pink and grey color schemes with a hint of gold and silver decorations. A large golden crown was painted on the wall above D/N's crib where she slept peacefully.

I then went down the small hallway and down the stairs and saw Draco sitting in the living room in an arm chair reading the newspaper.

"Hey Love" he greeted noticing my sudden appearance in the living room.
"Hi" I said and sat in his lap. Resting my head on his shoulder.

Our house was not too small nor too large. It was just the perfect size for our little family. It was right off the coast too. We could literally walk out of our back door and onto the beach. It was like living in a dream.

"You sleep well?" Draco asked kissing my forehead.
"Yeah" I replied simply "I'm surprised D/N's still sleeping though"
"Well she had woken up about an hour ago, but then she went back to sleep after I held her for a little, I figured you could use some extra sleep" Draco said.
"Thank you" I said softly
"Anything for my Princess" Draco said.

The room was quiet, until I could hear D/N's cries, so I got up and went to her room.

"Hey, pretty girl" I cooed as I picked her up and rested her head on my shoulder. I changed her out of her nighttime onesie, and put her in a new one for the day, a light green onesie with a cute baby slythern snake on it with a little gold crown on its head.

I gave D/N her little toy and went back down to the living room with her in my arms.

"Hello D/N" Draco said happily as I handed her to him so I could go change.
"I'll be back in a bit" I said and kissed D/N on the forehead and Draco on the lips.

I went back up stairs and into our on suit bathroom and took a quick shower before I changed into some black leggings, and an army green t-shirt. I would've added some jewelry but D/N  likes to tug on my necklace's and earrings.

Then I went back downstairs, and sat in the armchair next to Draco. He still held D/N in his arms.

Then she started crying again. So I figured she was hungry so Draco handed her to me and I fed her and she immediately stopped crying.

Suddenly an owl flew through the parted window and landed a green envelope in my lap. It was Draco's parents owl. The owl rested on a ledge to clean its feathers and get a few treats before flying off again.

I opened the letter and read it then set it on the table next to it the armchair I was sitting in.
"What does it say" Draco asked curiously
"Your mother will be coming by later today to drop off a gift for D/N" I said happily.
"I swear my parents will spoil our daughter far more then we ever will" Draco said with a small chuckle.
"I don't think your wrong" I said with a chuckle.

I like mornings like this, the ones with the sun shining down, with the clear blue sky, and the misty morning air. It always leaves me with good feelings, and reminds me that even though, Draco and I have been through hell we can still have good days that balance out the bad ones.

And it's times like this when I'm sitting with my family and enjoying the peacefulness of the morning that I cherish. 

Honestly this one is one of my favorites that I've written so far!

Also due to certain reasons, Changing Fate has been unpublished.

It's such a happy and peaceful one shot! 😊

Vote, Comment, & Follow.

~Jaye

Words: 816