~To find a bride~ Pt. 1

This was requested by elenirafaela2712

Thank you so much for requesting!!

Btw, this is a long storyline so it may have more than two parts, lol.

Also a little background knowledge so you're not confused af. In this story, Draco is a prince looking for a bride. And he happens to have a crush, on his best friend Y/n who is a princess, and so our queen (literally) Narcissa proposed to Lucius, and Draco that she becomes his fiance. But unlike him, Y/n has no feelings, but he proposes an idea. Although you must read to find out😉! Also, Hogwarts exists, and they're both Slytherins. 👌🏻

~~~

The day started warm and sunny. The kingdom awoke once dawn had risen above the snowy mountains. However, the young prince was still fast asleep in his chambers. His arms hugging the pillow upon which his head rested. He lay shirtless, sprawled out on his bed, the white sheets halfway off the bed. His hair was tousled over his face, his lips slightly parted, and his breathing even, and quiet. The sun broke through the thin white veils that covered his windows, starting small sunrays across his room. Although the moment was peaceful and quiet. Draco's best friend Y/n stood in the corner, scowling at him. Draco never had a proper schedule, always falling asleep at absurd times of the day, and sleeping in until noon, sometimes even past then.

Y/n had been instructed by Queen Narcissa to wake Draco up. Seeing as she was the only one in the entire castle who could do so. Y/n stood with her arms crossed, thinking of the many possible ways she could wake him up. Ice cold water maybe? Play a musical number? Pillow fight? Scream in his ear? Then the perfect idea popped into her head. With a smirk on her face, Y/n left Draco's room, walking confidently toward the kitchens.

Grabbing a pot, and spoon. Y/n walked back confidently to Draco's room.

She cleared her voice and took a deep breath.

The noise that rebounded off the walls of Draco chambers, got him to wake up. His eyes shot open, and he immediately gave Y/n a look that said 'seriously?'.

"HERE YE, HERE YE" Y/n began suppressing a giggle, "The queen, and king wish to speak to you, my league"

"not yet," Draco said sleepily, he yawned and closed his eyes.

Y'n shook her head, "But you must come now"

"I must?" Draco mumbled.

"Yes. Unless you'd like for me to give you a nice ice-cold shower, then by all means there's no need to hurry" Y/n smirked.

Draco instantly sat up, "Nope, I'm good" He smiled, "Tell my parents I'll be down soon"

Y/n nodded, and began to make her way out of his room, "I hope soon, doesn't mean in 2 hours"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever" Draco laughed waving her off as she left. He watched as she walked out. Although watched was a bit of an understatement, he observed. Looking at her braided hair, and watching as a few strains fell and framed her face, her e/c glinting in the afternoon sun, and her s/t (skin tone) shined like diamonds in the light. To him she was perfect. Imperfectly perfect, every blemish was beautiful to him. He loved her in ways, that she could not. Because he knew that she would possibly never love him back.

And he understood, he respected her. Even if they couldn't be more than friends. Being best friends, and being as close as they were, it was better than not knowing her at all. 

~~~

Five minutes later, Draco showed up in the throne room, dressed in a loose white button-up, and black pants, and boots.