🍏𝚂𝚒𝚌𝚔🍏

A deep cough escaped my throat as I sat up in my bed. My head throbbed, and my body ached.

"Athena, do you feel any better" My dorm mate Anna asked sitting on my bed. I shook my head and closed my eyes praying I would suddenly feel better.
"Then we should go to Madame Pomfrey" Anna said and helped me up out of my bed.
"I'll change" I said sleepily.
"Ok...oh and do you want me to get Draco?" Anna asked
I nodded as I opened my wardrobe, then she left the dorm. I picked out some leggings and a green t-shirt. Being that it is Saturday I can wear what I want.

A few moments later Anna came back into our dorm with my boyfriend trailing behind.
"Still sick I see" he said, I nodded.

He smiled at me to which I returned one, but then turned my head the other way as I felt a cough escape my throat again.

"I feel like death" I said as Draco gave me a needed hug, he chuckled a bit at my remark.
"And that's why we're going to Madame Pomfrey, love" Draco said "I'll take her, Anna" Draco told Anna who only nodded and picked up a hard cover book.

Draco and me strolled out of the Slythern common room, and made our way to the medical wing.
"You okay?" Draco asked his grip on my shoulder firm.
"A little dizzy, but I'm ok" I said holding onto his hand.

As we walked into the medical wing, I see many other students that look to be in the state I'm in.
"Ah, another one I see" Madame Pomfrey said coming up to me and checking my forehead "there seems to be an awful sickness going around Hogwarts, muggles call it the common cold" Madame Pomfrey informed "let's get you situated dear" she said leading me over to a bed, Draco following close behind me.

I laid down and Madame Pomfrey placed a cold cloth on my forehead to reduce the fever I didn't know I had.

"Draco, I suggest you leave. This cold isn't a friend of anyone's" Madame Pomfrey said "I'll take care of her don't you worry" She said noticing Draco's face expression full of worry.
"I'll see you later love" Draco whispered to me, then left.

(A week later. Time skip brought to you by Dobby and his sock)

The past two days have been full of coughing, sore throats, head aches, body aches, and runny noses.

When I woke up Madame Pomfrey checked my temperature and said my fever broke. My body aches went away, but my cough was still going on.

"Here drink this, it should help" Madame Pomfrey gave me a cup of blue tea. I drank it, and immediately felt the soothing liquid run down my throat.

After about 2 hours my throat had soothed and slowly got better.

"Love?" I heard a voice say I looked up from my book I was reading to find Draco standing at the foot of the bed I laid on, holding a single rose in his hand.
"Hello, Draco" I said happy to see him.

I turned my head as he came to sit on the chair next to my bed and let out a cough.

"I'm sorry I haven't visited you much, Madame Pomfrey said no visitors until there's less sick students, and well there's only you and another" Draco said
"It's alright, I'm glad your here now" I said placing a hand on his.
"Are you feeling any better?" Draco asked as he poured water into one of the glass cups on the table next to my bed.
"Yes, much. My fever broke this morning, and my body has stopped aching, but my cough hasn't gone away" I said and turned my head the opposite of Draco and coughed.

Draco placed the rose in the cup half way full of water and looked at me.

"I'm glad your not feeling like death anymore" Draco said with a little sarcasm, and bringing back what I said when I first came to Madame Pomfrey two days ago.

I let out a slight giggle which turned into a cough.

Draco stayed for quite awhile, he told what I missed, and what I was lucky to miss. And we talked and talked, until Madame Pomfrey shoed Draco out because visiting hours were over.

Dinner was brought to me and afterwards I felt my eyes close, so I laid down and fell asleep.

(The next day. Time skip brought to you by Sirius Black)

I woke up feeling better, energy finally coursing through my veins. I let out a loud yawn and sat up.
"Feeling better, I see" Madame Pomfrey said as she came to check on me "say ahh-," she said holding up a wooden stick. I opened my mouth a said ahh.
"Well looks like your throat has healed, but just to be sure your really feeling better it's best we wait until this after noon to release you. Your breakfast will be here soon" Madame Pomfrey explained, I only nodded in an understanding manner. She left and like she said my breakfast had arrived minutes later.

(After noon)

"Alright you can go now" Madame Pomfrey said coming out of her office. I got up from the bed and walked out of the medical wing.

"I need to take a shower" I mumbled as I walked down the corridor.
"Athena!" I heard a recognizable voice call my name.
"Hey Draco" I said as he jogged up to me.
"I see, Madame Pomfrey released you" He said
"She did, and now that I'm not sick we can go on that date we planned before I got sick" I said as he wrapped his arms around my waist.
"About that" Draco said. uh-oh "I don't know if you wanted to wear the green dress my mother sent you or the black one"
"The green one" I said.

Word count: 1,044

K, so I wrote this one because well obviously I'm sick. I have all the symptoms Athena had mi is the runny nose and fever.

Vote, Comment, and Follow me!

And remember wash 🧼 yo hands!

They stick a corona swab up your nose to test you for corona, I heard it's painful!

Fun fact: I live in a state with only two seasons: Winter and summer. Sometimes there's a fall and occasionally a spring, if Mother Nature is in a good mood.

~Jaye