~To be a bride~ pt. 2

I'm just gonna say it...

^^^Draco in a turtle neck hits different 🥵^^^

~~~

"Y/n!" Draco had been looking for Y/n for at least an hour, with no success. 

She had left the hall abruptly, and as said before she had no intentions of returning. She didn't want to look at her parents, nor his in the face. It was all so sudden, she felt as if she could faint. Her head began to spin the moment the betrothal was mentioned. She sat in her chambers that the King and Queen had given her. It was mostly because Y/n spent more time here than she did in her own kingdom, and so Queen Narcissa felt the need to give her, her own proper bedroom. 

There was a soft knock that came from the oak door. It was Draco. He opened the door and saw Y/n sitting on her windowsill. Her knees to her chest, and her eyes to the sky. 

"Y/n?" He walked closer to her. He felt stupid that he didn't check here first. I guess he overthought where she could've been. 

She looked at him with a faint smile, then turned back to the window. 

"The suns setting," She said, "the stars will be out soon" 

Draco knew she was trying to avoid the subject and now was not the time.

"Y/n, I know you're trying to avoid it," He said, "But I know, that you know, you cant" 

Y/n sighed, "I'm sorry, Draco," She said, a look of guilt in her eyes. 

Immediately he went to her side enveloping her in a hug. She cried, feeling a wave of emotions wash over her like a flood.

"I'm scared," She said, "I don't like you in that way, I'm sorry Draco"  

Draco was glad Y/n couldn't see his expression, he felt broken down. He knew deep down that she wouldn't want to marry him because she didn't feel the same way. But then an idea popped into his head. One that would give y/n time to think about it all. 

"Y/n," He said, she looked up at him with her swollen eyes.  He gulped, "W-what if we dated for a couple of months, it would give you more time to think about it all. You know explore your feelings, see where it leads. And at the end of it all, if you don't feel the same way, we don't have to get married" Draco suggested. Y/n expression softens, and she sniffed. 

She was silent for a moment, which led Draco to regret suggesting the idea. She probably thinks I'm desperate or something, Draco thought. 

"I think that would be nice" She finally replied. Y/n saw this as a time to think about it because that's what she needed; time. Like Draco had said. 

Draco's lips twitched into a small smile, "Ok, then" He said. But his expression became a bit stern, as he realized he and his parents had some talking to do

~~~

"You just love to ruin things don't you!" Draco snapped, once he entered the throne room, where his parents sat. He was glaring daggers at his father, "You just up, and told her. Didn't even give her time to think about it"

"Draco, listen to me-" Lucius tried to reason.

"No, You listen to me" Draco stood with such a bold demeanor every guard, and servant in the room stood quietly, "Y/n doesn't feel the same way as I do her. And because I care about her so deeply, I told her the marriage will wait, and for the next 6 months, we'll date. And if she doesn't feel the same, then..." Draco stopped but continued on "then I'll find someone else to marry. I don't care if you approve or not, we're doing it anyway"

"I think that's a smart idea" Narcissa agreed with her son, "And your right, we shouldn't have said it so abruptly, right Lucius" Narcissa turned to her husband.

"Well-" He began to disagree, but with a swift kick in his shin, he switched his decision "Yes, your right. I apologize," he said. Draco smiled.

And then he left. Hoping that at the end of the 6 months Y/n would return the feelings. Because he couldn't ever imagine living his life with someone else. 

~~~

2 weeks had already passed by, and things were going quite well. Draco agreed to take things a bit slow for Y/n. Because all he wanted to do was make her happy. And Y/n saw that, and it warmed her heart. I mean she knew he cared, just not in that way. 

The two were currently having a small picnic at the lake that was near their kingdom. Floating candles surrounded them, and small little fairies brought them flowers and such. Y/n smiled as one settled on her shoulder, picking petals off the daisies as they did so. 

"They're such beautiful creatures," Y/n mused. 

"They really are" Draco agreed, although his eyes were set on y/n, paying no attention to the fluttering fairies. He couldn't help it, Y/n was his everything. 

Months had passed by, and it was nearing the end of the month. And during the many weeks, Draco and Y/n spent together. Y/n slowly found herself falling helplessly in love with Draco. She noticed so many things about him, that she didn't before. She noticed the way his hands gently grasped her when they walked. And she how he listened to the small things. There were some days where Y/n would find some chocolate roses at the end of her bed, and then there were other days, where when in class (since they both attended Hogwarts) that Draco would slip notes to her. Calling her beautiful, and saying how much he adores her. Y/n just fell in love all over again. Except Draco was unaware, he didn't know how she felt. He wanted to, but he deeply respected her, so he just took it day by day. 

The night had settled in, and the two stargazed on the roofs of the castle. Courtesy of magic. Tonight Y/n would tell him yes, yes she wanted to marry him. He was already King, and the two had just recently graduated Hogwarts. Passing all their O.W.Ls with passing grades.

"Draco" Y/n began. He hummed in response, "I love you" She said. 

He looked at her wide-eyed. Joy filled him on the inside.  "Y-you love me?" He stuttered. 

She chuckled and nodded. "I want to marry you," She said. 

Without any exchanged words, Draco captured her lips into his. It was the first time they had kissed. They both smiled. Draco had gotten the girl, and now all they had to do was get married.

"I love you too" He mumbled. 

I'm sorry this took forever! OMG school fucking sucks! But hey I got 4 more years, and I'm outta here so 👍🏻

Also fun fact...actually really, really sad fact: When I'm at fault for something, I cry, and then end up getting comforted because of it. So, I guess I'ma bit toxic...😂

Part 3 is coming soon! Thank you so much for reading! 💕

~Jaye