Changing Plans | Gilbert Blythe

Weekly Verse: "So God created mankind in His own image, in the image of God He created them; male and female He created them." Genesis 1:27

Weekly Encouragement: We are all made in the image of God! Let that fact sink in, and use it to remind you to be kinder to yourself and others. You are made in God's image — and so is everyone else you interact with every day! Just take in how amazing that is!

Ways to help the world: https://issuesintheworld.carrd.co Become educated on the situations in our world, who these organizations are, who runs these petitions, what they stand for, and what their goals are, so you can better determine what you stand for and what your goals are.

Not me crying over the episode I watched to write this, then proceeding to go watch the end of the last episode and crying some more

Requested by @ViviZhang637
Summary: Everything is great for Y/N, up until Gilbert changes their future plans and gets in a fight with Bash. Bash decides to leave, and Y/N, not seeing a better option, goes with him.

QOTP: Which episode is your favorite?

Word Count: 4156

Y/N spoons oatmeal into a small bowl, the pot of it on a simmering stove. She adds in a range of spices before turning to put it in front of Bash, who's sitting at the table, already drinking his coffee. "Just the way I like it," he says as she hands him a spoon. "Thank you, Y/N."

She smiles. "It's no problem."

"You say that, but I often wonder if it is," he teases.

She rolls her eyes, turning to make a bowl and cup of coffee for Gilbert. "It is not, Bash."

"Oh, come on," he says. "You can't tell me your time is best spent helping two, irritating bachelors take care of a farm."

"No, my time is best spent helping those I love where they need it," she argues gently, putting Gilbert's breakfast on the table. "But to tell you the truth, I'm just here for the free apples."

Bash chuckles as Y/N realizes that apples would in fact go great with their breakfast. She heads out back to get some from the basket she and Gilbert picked yesterday. Three apples soon gathered in her hands, she hums to herself as she reenters the house.

Her hums quiet when she hears Bash talking to Gilbert. "I could use some help with the fence this morning before you go."

"I can't; Miss Stacey's expecting me early," Gilbert replies. Y/N can hear him moving things, probably packing his bag.

"You'll eat breakfast first, won't you?" Bash asks. "Y/N just made it."

She pauses. Gilbert's going early, without her? It's alright if he has places to be, but he shouldn't leave without having breakfast. Breakfast she made...

"I suppose I'll have a few bites," he says with a sigh. There's more movement, a spoon clanging against a bowl. Y/N frowns but keeps walking before an amazed statement from Gilbert gives her pause. "I can't believe I could actually be in college next year."

Since when was that a possibility?

"Wait, what do you mean, 'next year'?" Bash asks, voicing Y/N's own question.

There's another small clatter of dishes. "Well, I told you last night I'm accelerating my studies." Y/N walks closer, watches him drink coffee from the doorway. He winces like he's burned his mouth. Or the coffee tastes bad. Surely Bash would've said something if tasted bad?