Misplaced Feelings | Clint Barton

Prompt #2
Requested by @_stellastyless

I'm almost shocked that this is (probably) the first Clint imagine I've ever done? I mean, I've included him in preferences, but I've never done a whole imagine. So this is fun.

Also, I just wanted to maybe give y'all some encouragement at this time with everything that's going on. I posted this on my profile itself and on the last part, but I'll post it here too to make sure you all see it.

It's frustrating, and it's stressful right now. There's a lot of worry and anxiety going around, and not just over the virus but what it's caused. I'm currently praying for this all to be over, and praying that God would give everyone strength right now, and I know I'm not the only one. I was moving my car last week so my mom could get to the grocery store, and while I was in there, K-Love was on, and they were playing a clip of an artist (We Are Messengers) talking about their new song. I forget what the song was, but the lead singer said the words, "Today is a good day to be alive, and a good day to be loved by God." (I don't know if that's exactly what he said, as I'm going off of memory, but that's generally it.) I just found that so encouraging, so I wanted to share it with you. Right now, we need to lift each other up — from a distance, yes, but still. Over text or social media, we need to encourage each other.

We need to help our elderly and those at a higher risk for getting a bad case of the virus and possibly dying from it however we can, even if that just means distancing ourselves from them. And, yes, please wash your freaking hands.

I'll continue writing through this so it's there if you want to read it while you're social distancing. I'm posting two chapters of Saving Grace a week now — Wednesday and Friday — since I already have it finished(!!) and basically ready to go save some editing. As for this book, I don't have too many imagines written, but I'm going to try to get more done for you guys. I have other stories on my profile if you get too bored, and I'm still taking requests.

Thank you for all your reads and votes and comments (that's encouraging to me too), and please stay safe guys.

Summary: Clint enlists the help of his friend, Y/N Stark to make his crush, Natasha, jealous so she'll like him. The plan backfires, however, when Y/N ends up developing feelings for Clint. With everything else going on in their lives, it all becomes too much.

QOTP: The Falcon or the Winter Soldier?

Word Count: 4052

As children, Y/N and Tony Stark fought frequently, which admittedly wasn't unusual for siblings. But they fought much more and much more bitterly than would be considered healthy.

They were fraternal twins [or you were adopted and you were just the same age], always trying to one up the other one, often times arguing over who was mom's favorite. This was a sore spot for Tony, who knew in his heart that Y/N — the golden girl, the baby (by merely three minutes) — was decidedly her father's favorite. He would show no love for Tony, but he would do anything for Y/N. Meanwhile, his mother was all Tony had.

It got worse, of course, after the accident in their father's lab; something exploded, the chemicals in whatever he was building mixing, reacting, and Y/N was there. She nearly died, and for the first time that he could remember Tony really feared for her, really loved her as a sibling should, vowed to help her, to take care of her when (if) she got better.

But she came out of it all with superpowers — flight and speed. Her father thought it fascinating, worked out the science of it all, but Tony didn't care. She practically rubbed it in his face every day afterwards. No matter what he did, she would remind him of it.