Preference: I Promise | Criminal Minds

Weekly Verse: "See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. The reason why the world does not know us is that it did not know Him." 1 John 3:1

Weekly Encouragement: God calls us His children. We are His, and He loves us — even more than the best parents in the world ever could. We can't even imagine His love because it is beyond our understanding. And there is nothing we could do that could drive it or Him away. He does not leave His children. He has chosen you, and He will never forsake you. You are a child of God.

Ways to help the world: https://issuesintheworld.carrd.co . Become educated on the situations in our world, and on who these organizations are, who runs these petitions, and what they stand for and what their goals are, so you can better determine what you stand for and what your goals are.

Did I loosely base Spencer's off the "lecture" scene after the picnic in Emma? It was only sort of unintentional, but yes. Luke's is more chill because I decided I'd give him more of a break from the angsty/dramatic ones.

Prompt #4
Requested by Doctorclara19
Summary: He promises you something.

QOTP: Did you watch Beyond Borders?

Word Count: 3629

Derek -
It had been nearly two months since Y/N and Derek had been on a date. They'd been dating for almost a year by that point, so it wasn't a terribly new relationship, but it was difficult nonetheless.

What made it worse was that they planned dates, but something always came up. A couple times Y/N had work, or one of them had other plans. Once it was Y/N coming down with a stomach bug. Every other time it was Derek's job.

It was important — he was an FBI agent, and he caught a lot of dangerous people — so Y/N didn't want to be upset. But she was, and so was Derek. They communicated mainly through texts, calls, and FaceTiming, which was at least something. It just wasn't the same.

One week, while they were FaceTiming, Derek was determined. "You and me this weekend," he said, hidden in a room in a police station somewhere. "We're having dinner."

Y/N chuckled, shifting on her couch. The TV was on, the volume low. "Oh, really?"

"Mhmm," he replied.

"And you sure that's actually going to happen?"

"You're not busy, are you?"

"No."

"And you're not sick?"

"Not at this moment, no."

"Then yes."

Y/N frowned a bit. "What about work?"

Derek shook his head. "Not a problem. It's been one too many times now for it to happen again."

Y/N thought he was probably right, and so smiled a bit. "So you promise, then? We'll have dinner this weekend?"

"I promise."

In short, they did not have dinner that weekend.

"I'm so sorry but-"

"Work?" Y/N asked. She was disappointed, but she also expected it on some level.