Preference: Prompt 32 | Criminal Minds

Prompt #32
Requested by @hufflepuffdd

No Derek because I didn't like my idea for him and honestly I'm just lazy??? And I didn't want to cause I wasn't like feeling it, ya know? Tbh I just didn't want to do it. Anyway, enjoy Spencer and Luke's.

Summary: He tells you he's kinda, like, in love with you, so...

QOTP: Favorite episode?

Word Count: 1367

Luke -
You and Luke were partners, and you had been ever since he joined the team. Derek was previously your partner, but, unlike Garcia, you didn't feel like the "new guy" was replacing Derek. Your dynamic with Derek was drastically different than your dynamic with Luke, a key factor being that you had feelings for Luke.

Well, a little over half a year after he joined the team, you were in Tennessee trying to catch yet another unsub, who'd already committed three murders by the time you arrived. The police had figured out who he was, they just couldn't find him.

Emily told you and Luke to go to the unsub's house when you landed.

At first, you thought it would be no big deal. None of you had any reason to believe that the unsub would be in his house — honestly, it was a dumb move on his part.

You were so sure that you almost didn't wear your bulletproof vest, but just as a precaution, you decided to put it on. And it's a good thing you did.

You entered the house with Luke, guns raised — again, as a precaution. He called, "FBI! Come out with your hands up!" But no one came, not right away. It was exactly what you suspected, so you let your guards down, and the next thing you knew, a bullet hit you in the chest and you fell to the floor, the breath knocked out of you.

Luke quickly sprung into action, shooting the unsub (but not fatally) and calling for backup. He got the unsub's gun out of his reach, then put him in handcuffs and read him his rights, all while glancing over at you in concern.

Finally, he ran over as you were getting your breath back and rubbing your chest. "Crap, that hurt," you groaned, thanking yourself for wearing the vest.

"Are you okay?" Luke asked, looking at you, checking for any injuries or blood.

"Do I look okay to you?" you replied. "My chest is gonna be bruised for weeks."

He reached out, trying to help you sit up. "Here, maybe you should-"

But you refused. "Let me lie here for a moment in pain and self pity, Alvez."

He doesn't even laugh like you expected him to; he asks another concerned question. "Did you hit your head when you fell?"

"No, but I'm about to hit you. Calm down. I'm alive."

"But you could be dead right now, Y/N."

"But I wore my vest."

"But you almost didn't."

"But I did. And now I'll probably never take it off ever again," you said as sirens wailed outside and officers rushed into the room, thankfully going to the unsub first.

"You better not," he replied, and it sounded more serious than it should've.

Finally, you sat up. "Okay, what's the matter with you? Yeah, a scary thing just happened, but I'm fine. You need to calm down."

"I actually thought you got shot for a second, so no, I cannot calm down. I thought I lost you, Y/N. It was terrifying," he replied angrily.