Preference: Prompt 3 | Criminal Minds

Verse: "I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you." John 15:15

Encouragement: We are friends of Jesus! God is not some distant deity, watching and never interfering. He is with us, and He desires a relationship with us! He is our friend, and He loves us! He will goes with us when we step out in faith; He never leaves.

FINALLY. This one took a hot second. I'm hoping I'll be able to write a lot more this semester though since I don't have as many hours as last semester, so we'll see how this goes. Definitely not a regular schedule (how did I do that in high school???) but hopefully more often. Hopefully.

Prompt #3
Requested by @DescendantsLove8 and @NerdyPenguinFangirl
Summary: One of you says something and the other takes it the wrong way. Arguing ensues. Or continues. There's more angst/drama than normal here I fear.

QOTP: Are you gonna watch the new series coming out on Paramount+?

Word Count: 2545

Derek -
Every limb in Derek's body was screaming at him to lie down. The team had just returned from a case that had them away for over a month. And as he and Y/N were quickly approaching the third wedding anniversary, that wasn't exactly an ideal situation.

He just wanted to sleep in his own bed. And then he would be there when Y/N woke up in the morning, and he'd take her wherever she wanted to go -- just to spend time with her. He wouldn't wake her that night. He'd let her sleep.

When he stepped into the house, he heard the TV on in the other room. Moving through the hall, past pictures, the kitchen, the stairs, he made his way to the living room. Y/N was on the couch, face aglow with whatever was on the TV. She was awake, bags under her eyes.

"Y/N?" Derek asked.

Her eyes turned to his. "Oh. You're actually home."

Derek's brows rose. "I'm getting the feeling that something is wrong."

"What a great guess. Good thing they pay you for that sort of thing."

"Have you slept? At all?"

"Since when? Since you left?" She shrugged. "A little bit. Here and there."

"Why? What's going on?" He sat next to her, becoming more concerned. But she wouldn't look at him, chewing on her thumb nail.

"Nothing much. Just me here."

Derek sighed softly. "That wasn't what I meant and you know it."

She finally turned to look at him, that blank stare starting to melt into a broken, tired look. "I've been waiting for you to call again."

Derek frowned. "Honey, I'm sorry, I tried, but you know how cases can get-"

"I know. That's why I haven't said anything for so long. Because I felt guilty for being upset. For wanting you here instead of out there saving people. But I am at the end of my rope, Derek. I can't live like this anymore."

He hurt for her, and he hated that there wasn't anything he could do to fix this. To make it better. "You knew even when we started dating what my job was like."

"It's different now that we're married. We've been married for three years and it feels you've been here for half of it, if that. We bought this house together and I'm the only one who lives in it."