Someone I Have Always Known | Loki Laufeyson

I got the idea to do an imagine based on Hadestown from milessmorales

Also, I've discovered that this is almost the plot of Fifty First Dates, which I have never seen. So that was an accident. Whoops?

Summary: Based on "Come Home With Me" and "All I've Ever Known" from Hadestown.

"Come Home With Me"

"All I've Ever Known"

QOTP: Do you like Hadestown?

Word Count: 4388

He was shocked that he didn't have to put in the work. He didn't have to lie or manipulate anyone or anything. It just fell in his lap.

Or, actually, it fell on the floor at his feet when the idiot who was carrying it fell over.

The Tesseract.

He wasted no time in grabbing it and flashing out of there, equal parts shocked and euphoric. His imprisonment sure didn't last long.

He went back farther into Midguard's past and decided to have a little fun, running around and influencing important events. He wasn't ready to try taking over the world again, not just yet. He decided to take a gap year.

Finally, though, he decides he to wants to go to a more modern year, though not so modern that they remember him destroying a city and causing a lot of chaos. So, he arrives in New York a few years before Thor came and caused his own chaos.

He starts just by walking around, seeing the people and the streets — and the dogs. He didn't get to do this the last time he was here (for obvious reasons). It's quite nice.

He reaches a large park and decides to take a stroll through it, looking around at the trees and the birds as they land in them. He spots the occasional squirrel.

And then, while his head is turned to the side, he runs into something. He turns and quickly realizes it's a Midguardian — a woman, who's bent down to pick up the cell phone that she dropped. "Oh, shoot, I'm so sorry, I didn't see you," she says, rising. She looks at him with the most beautiful eyes he's ever seen, a small smile gracing her lips.

His breath is taken away in that moment. "Oh, um, I..." he trails off.

She raises a brow at him. "You okay?"

"Yes!" he says too quickly. "Yes. Sorry. I just... it's been a..." he scrambles for something to say "... long day."

She says, "Well, I'm no bartender, but I'm happy to listen."

At that, he stops, confused. "I... I'm sorry, what?"

"Where are you from?" she asks, squinting at him.

He knows enough about Midguard to know what his accent sounds like. "... England."

"So are bartenders not basically just less qualified therapists in England?"

He shakes his head. "No."

"Ah. You know, they probably aren't here, either. Most likely a trope I've just seen in the media." She sighs. "Anyway, what part of England are you from?"