Preference: Your First Date | Stranger Things

Part Two of He Asks You Out (which in book 1)
Requested by @emqress

Summary: Your first date.

QOTP: Season one or season three?

Word Count: 3219

Dustin -
Dustin sighs. "You want something to look forward to? How about this: Whenever we get out of here, you and I go out on a date."

Everyone stops, waiting for your answer. You raise your head, looking at him in surprise. "You wanna go on a date with me?"

"Yeah," he says, blushing a little, "of course I do. I've liked you for, like, forever."

You smile. "Well, then, I am definitely looking forward to our date."

////

After the whole insane situation is resolved — and Dustin's friend Peter finally answers him and helps save the day — you and Dustin finally get to go on your date.

Surprisingly, Dustin came up with a cute idea, and he said he wouldn't tell you what it was until you actually got there.

So, here you are, walking up the hill you previously walked up with your other friends before all this happened.

"I hope I get to sit down when we get up there," you joke, winded and starting to sweat. The latter is a problem as you've dressed up a little.

Dustin laughs, though he's winded, too. "Yes, you'll get to sit down."

Finally, when you reach the top, you see a blanket spread out and a basket filled with food sitting on top of it. Dustin gestures to it. "Ta da?" he says.

You laugh. "It's perfect."

You both sit down next to each other, and Dustin picks up something laying next to the basket. He holds it out to you; they're flowers. "Um, these are for you," he says nervously.

You blush and smile, taking them. "Thank you." You set them to the side as he gets the food out of the basket, and as you eat, you both become less nervous, talking and laughing like normal.

But there's a underlying feeling of sparks — a certain excitement and a smattering of butterflies that constantly reminds you of the fact that this is a date. You are on a date with Dustin Henderson.

When the sun starts to set, you sit back and watch it, silent now but sitting close to each other. He looks over at you. "So, was this worth looking forward to?"

You look at him, too. "It was more than worth it," you reply. He smiles widely, and you can't help but smile, too.

"I could give you a second date to look forward to... if you want."

"I would love that."

And, somehow, you both smile wider.

Johnathan -
"He-Hey," Johnathan says, walking up to you.

You smile. "Hi."

"I was, uh, just, um, wondering if... if you're gonna be free this Friday night?" he asks nervously.

Your heart skips a beat. "Ye-Yeah, I'll be free."

"So, would you maybe wanna... go out or something?"

You smile. "I would love that."

////

That Friday, Johnathan picks you up at your house, nervously greeting you and opening the car door for you. As he starts driving, he says, "I'm sorry I we couldn't go somewhere more... I don't know, fancy. It's just that... well, you know, as interns, we don't make that much."