Preference: Queen Song | Marvel

Requested by IDKHowButImWriting

Thanks DJ_Tatortot for the little bit of dog info found in Bucky's.

And the results for the Halloween Preference are:

Anne With An E - 1

Marvel - 11

Percy Jackson - 6

Stranger Things - 6

Supernatural - 4

Summary: A Queen song that applies to your relationship.

QOTP: What's your favorite Queen song?

Word Count: 3555

Bucky - You're My Best Friend
He wasn't in a good place. His best friend had just spent his whole life without him, then shortly died after coming back to say goodbye. The only other person he was close with at all was Sam, but he lost Steve, too. Not to mention the fact that the both of them were dusted due to the Snap.

And, with Thanos gone, the criminal world seemed kind of calm — at least the Avengers-level problems. So Bucky had plenty of time to try and get his head together. But it was hard to do alone.

Luckily, he didn't have to.

Ooh, you make me live. Whatever this world can give to me, it's you — you're all I see. Ooh, you make me live now, honey. Ooh, you make me live.

He was out with Sam, and the sun had just set. They had nothing better to do but normal, everyday things — so normal it was almost foreign. And as they walked down the street, someone else was walking towards them.

You.

You were doing something normal, too. You weren't dusted, but that didn't mean you weren't dealing with a lot. The entire world was in chaos, though it wasn't a bad thing. Everyone got to come back. But the past five years hadn't exactly been easy.

Well, when you saw Sam and Bucky up close, you recognized them. "Excuse me, but are you the Falcon and the Winter Soldier?"

They stopped. Sam said, "Yeah."

"Thanks for, like, saving the world," you said. "Oh, and for bringing my dog back in the process."

Bucky actually laughed a little at that, and it surprised him. Sam started to say, "You're welcome," but then Bucky asked, "What's its name?"

"Thor," you replied.

This sent them both laughing. Sam asked, "What kind of dog is it?"

"A miniature dachshund."

"So the Mighty Thor is tiny a wiener dog?" Bucky asked.

"Pretty much," you shrugged. "I could buy another one and name it after you. Dogs tend to respond well to names ending in 'y', anyway."

"Do not name me after a wiener dog."

"Then, what kind of dog would you be?"

Oh, you're the best friend that I ever had. I've been with you such a long time. You're my sunshine, and I want you to know that my feelings are true. I really love you.

Well, he eventually asked you your name, and Sam saw that he was becoming a third wheel, so he made an excuse and headed off. But you and Bucky just kept talking. Eventually, everything but the bars started closing for the night, so you asked him for his number.