Since Fifth Year | Harry Potter

Weekly Verse: "Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

Weekly Encouragement: Whatever you're going through, God's got it. It may not even feel like He's near, but He's always with you. It's okay to not be okay, because everyone has times where they aren't, and it's necessary for our growth. But we are not deserted in those times, and they will end. Maybe not today, or tomorrow, or even next week — but they will end. In God's perfect timing, He will raise you up again. In the meantime, He is still with you, and He is still in control. He won't forsake you in the valley. Trust in Him!

Ways to help the world: https://issuesintheworld.carrd.co Become educated on the situations in our world, who these organizations are, who runs these petitions, what they stand for, and what their goals are, so you can better determine what you stand for and what your goals are.

WARNING: mentions of murdered parents; torture

Even more Harry Potter! But only a buried hint of Jane Austen in this one. It was accidental, but I left it in because it was a reference, if a very loose one.

Requested by JulzLovDraco4Eva
Summary: Y/N Y/L/N, resident of the Burrow since age five due the death of her [parents/other], met Harry Potter on the train platform in First Year. In Fifth Year, she realizes she's in love with her best friend, and, two years later, she's forced to face the woman who killed her [parents/other]...

QOTP: Who's your favorite Weasley?

Word Count: 6648

The Burrow was in absolute chaos. Fred and George were running around, searching for missing items but getting distracted by cracking jokes. Mr. Weasley was hurrying to work, while Mrs. Weasley was trying to get everything together and fielding Ginny's complaints. Ron was hunting for Scabbers throughout the whole house, calling for the rat, who couldn't answer even if he wanted to. Percy was ready to go and irritatedly sitting on the couch. Y/N sat next to him, though her trunk was upstairs and only half packed. Mrs. Weasley would worry about that.

"I miss Charlie," Y/N said with a frown. He was off in Romania at his new job, but he sent letters home every week — both to his parents and Y/N, who was particularly fond of him.

He was the first one to make her laugh since she came to live at the Burrow. After her [parents/other] were killed by Bellatrix Lestrange, the only place she could go besides an orphanage was to her [distant] cousins, the Weasleys.

A month passed, during which the twins and Ron tried cheering her up. Bill, Percy, and Ginny contributed to this endeavor, though Bill and Percy were at a loss and Ginny was only four. The twins were the best at humor, but, somehow, Charlie had a knack at getting through to Y/N. Mrs. Weasley asked them to de-gnome the garden, and he made a game of it, hamming it up expertly. When he heard Y/N's distinctive, five-year-old giggle, his face lit up in accomplishment.

Percy glanced over at Y/N. "Yeah... it's a bit weird without him here. And hardly quieter, besides."

"Y/N, dear!" Mrs. Weasley called. "Come help pack your trunk!"

Y/N got off the couch and trudged upstairs, passing the twins as they bounded down. George stopped and looked at her. "Where's the excitement, Y/N?!"