Preference: Baking | Sherlock

Weekly Verse: "He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world." 1 John 2:2

Weekly Encouragement: God's got this! Seek joy in Him. It's okay to feel tired and sad; just remember that you are loved and never alone! He is always with us, and He always has our best interests in mind.

Exciting news! The Sherlock fanfiction is up and running! The prologue and first chapter are currently up. It's called The Baker's Detective. I'll be posting a chapter weekly. Here's the description:

Lily Marlow loves to bake. She loves eating the food she makes, of course, but it's much more than that; seeing people smile, making them happy, is the thing she loves the most. She dreams of opening a bakery, to spread love (and cookies) to as many people as she can, but when she moves in below a certain detective and his blogger, things might start getting in the way — including herself.

Summary: In honor of the new fic, you and the Baker Street boys (and Jim) have some baking adventures.

QOTP: Do you bake?

Word Count: 1538

Jim -
Y/N and her husband Jim were on the couch, watching The Great British Bake Off while Jim waiting for a call about some task he had Moran and the others out completing. They were quiet, Jim's arm around Y/N, her head on his shoulder. It was peaceful, until a particularly nice shot of cream puffs made Y/N declare, "I'm in the mood for cream puffs."

Jim pulled out his phone. "I'll order some."

But watching other people bake made baking seem relatively fun at that moment, and Y/N said, "No, no, let's make them ourselves. It'll be fun." She took out her own phone. "Here, I'll look up a recipe."

"They seemed pretty difficult to make," Jim cautioned, and Y/N waved him off.

"We can do it."

They ended up having to order some of the ingredients, which, as a perk of Jim's career, came remarkably fast. The recipe pulled up on Y/N's phone, they prepared to make the cream puffs, and, upon reading the steps, Y/N had to admit that it sounded difficult.

They had to start by bringing butter, water, and salt to a "rolling boil" before adding the flour in and stirring to get the dough, which had to be a certain consistency.

Y/N looked into the pot. "What's a 'rolling boil'?"

Jim shrugged. "I don't know."

So, they guessed, and they quickly realized, as they stirred in the flour, that the dough was decidedly not the consistency they were looking for. Y/N frowned, looking at a substance that one could hardly call a dough.

Jim, the spoon in his hand, looked at her. "Do you want to try again?"

And she thought for a moment, considering, looking at the waiting ingredients on the kitchen counter. She shook her head. "Just order them."

"Gladly," Jim replied, getting his phone as he tossed the spoon in the sink. Then, he and Y/N went back to the living room, where they resumed their show and waited for a few minutes for the cream puffs to arrive.

When they came, they looked just like the ones on TV. Jim poured some wine, and they clinked their glasses, taking a sip before biting into their cream puffs.