Preference (Picture): What Do You Want For Christmas? | Criminal Minds

MERRY CHRISTMAS! And what a strange fandom to celebrate Jesus' birthday with.

Also I added pictures bc I felt Luke's needed a visual, so Merry Christmas ig.

Summary: You ask him what he wants for Christmas.

QOTP: What did you get for Christmas?

Word Count: 3768

Derek -
You and the rest of the BAU team just finished a case in Maine — fortunately, one that ended happily — and you're all excited to go home.

Except you aren't going anywhere.

"The snowstorm is too bad to fly," Emily says. "We'll have to wait here — probably until tomorrow afternoon."

Everyone is disappointed, reluctantly going back to their hotel rooms to spend the next twenty-four hours — give or take. You, however, quickly get bored and decide to bother your favorite fellow agent, Derek Morgan.

After you knock on his door, you hear his heavy footsteps, and then he answers. "Yes?" he asks, a brow raised.

"I'm bored," you declare.

He snorts, amused as he leans against the doorframe. "And what exactly do you want me to do about that?"

"I dunno." You shrug. "Do something fun with me?"

"Like?"

You think for a moment. "We could go outside?"

"In this weather?" he says, incredulous but still amused. "We'll freeze."

You wave off his concern. "You brought a jacket, didn't you?"

"Yes, but-"

"Then, we're good. Just wear layers. I'll meet you in the lobby." And then you're going back down the hallway towards your own room, and he can only watch you and laugh, marveling at how he's about to get dressed and go out in a snowstorm simply because you're bored.

Basically, he's got it bad. And it's been that way for a while now. Surprisingly, though, he can't bring himself to admit it to you. He's never feared rejection this much before.

He meets you in the lobby about ten minutes later, both of you bundled up as much as possible with the limited clothes that you have in your go-bags.

"So, what's the plan?" he asks. "We go out for five minutes, then you get too cold and want to come in?"

You playfully roll your eyes. "No. There's a park a couple blocks from here; we can walk over."

Even as you both begin to walk out into the cold, towards your destination, Derek asks, "And what are we doing when we get there?"

"I don't know, make snow angels? Build a snowman? Have a snowball fight? The possibilities are endless."

He grimaces a little. "Well, not exactly. It's too cold to, say, go swimming or-"

"Yeah, yeah, I get it," you reply, shoving him lightly with your shoulder as your arms are folded to fight against the cold. It's only slightly working; you're shivering.

"You cold?" he asks, amused, though he's cold himself.

"A little," you reply, "but a bit of exercise should do me some good. Race you!" You take off immediately, running towards the park.

Derek springs into action, albeit cautiously, calling out to you about the ice on the ground and how you're going to slip on it. You pay him no mind, laughing and taunting him for being slow.