Preference: Prompt 12 | Criminal Minds

Weekly Verse: "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God." Romans 3:23

Weekly Encouragement: For this week's weekly encouragement, I wanted to share a thought I had recently. I was listening to "I'm Going Free (Jailbreak)" by Vertical Worship, and as I was singing, I just thought, "You're free; act like it." I've been really struggling with some things recently, especially with the state of the world right now, and I feel like I forgot that that was true. Through Jesus, we are free. All we have to do is let Him into our hearts, and we are made new and we are set free. He "threw [our] shackles in the sea." So, no matter what it is that's got a hold on you, if you believe in Jesus, if you've invited Him in your heart, you're free. Act like it.

Ways to support Black Lives Matter: https://www.blacklivesmatter.space . Become educated on the situation in our country/world, and on who the organization is and what they stand for and what their goals are, so you can better determine what you stand for and what your goals are.

Video to watch to donate to BLM: https://youtu.be/bCgLa25fDHM (or search "how to financially help BLM with no money" on YouTube)

Prompt #12
Requested by antihoshial

Oh my gosh Luke's doesn't revolve around him getting protective over the reader after she gets hurt/nearly dies on a case wow this is crazy

Summary: You didn't know he was such an expert.

QOTP: What topic would you consider yourself an expert on?

Word Count: 1989

Derek -
Spencer Reid was in despair. It was obvious to Y/N, when he walked into the office, and it was also obvious to Derek, who spoke up first.

"What's up, pretty boy?" he asked. He was standing behind his desk, having arrived shortly before Spencer, who sighed deeply.

"I'm gonna die alone," he said, his bag thumping down heavily onto his desk. [He's said this in one of my imagines before but that was book one pretty sure soooo]

Derek raised a brow. "And why is that?"

"I can't ask this girl out."

Y/N looked at Spencer's sad face and chuckled. "And here I thought the world was ending." His face seemed to say that it was, so Y/N continued. "Spence, all you need to do is just be yourself and ask her out. See what she says — and if it's no, then that's okay. Even if you think so now, she isn't the only girl in the world. Somebody else will come along and like you for you."

"Now hold on," Derek cut in. "He's not asking out you, is he?" He looked at Spencer. "You need to consider the girl first."

Y/N looked at him, half surprised, half incredulous. "I'm sorry. I didn't realize you were such an expert."

"I have asked out many girls in my lifetime, Y/N," he replied, almost smirking. Y/N noticed Reid looking between the both of them with curiosity and a bit of apprehension on his face.

She just shrugged cooly, sitting back in her chair. "Well, I've been a girl my entire lifetime, Derek, but go off, I guess." Derek only looked at her with some amusement, so she gestured to Spencer and insisted, "Go on. Teach him. You know best."

Derek finally turned to Reid, periodically glancing at Y/N as she watched him like a principal observing a teacher in a classroom.

"First," he began, "before you do anything, you need to think about this girl — who she is, what she would like. Because different girls like different things; they like being approached in different ways. Like, maybe a..." he thought "... a smooth pick-up line would work on some, but not on others. Figure out what works." Reid nodded at this, indicating he was taking a mental note of it. Derek then looked fully at Y/N again. "Like, Y/N, here, for example. Based on her personality and what I know about her, I think general confidence but putting it casually would make a good impression."