Numbskulls (Part 3) | T'Challa Udaku

Verse: "See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know Him." ‭‭1 John‬ ‭3‬:‭1‬ ‭

Encouragement: God loves us like a good father! He is always with us, no matter what we do or where we go. Even when it doesn't feel like it, He's there, and His love never fades or fails.

I feel like it's been ages since I've posted on this book, but finally I have finished this imagine! I wanted to get this one done before finishing requests, which I will be working on next. The new Sherlock fic is also being updated every week!

Summary: The real fight begins, but Y/N and their team are having trouble getting there — especially when T'Challa bears his claws.

QOTP: Are you watching Loki season 2?

Word Count: 3872

Everyone follows Steve into the fray, including Y/N, her insides warring as much as the Avengers are. Can it really be right to fight her friends? People she cares about, people she loves? And yet, if she doesn't, it could spell disaster. If only Tony weren't so stubborn. Or if only Ultron hadn't happened at all.

If only Thor were here, then this would be over already.

Tony and Steve immediately start exchanging blows, and no one is shocked. People have paired off already, trying to stop each other. T'Challa has gone for Bucky already, and Y/N runs over, trying to help as T'Challa gets Bucky on the ground.

"I didn't kill your father," Bucky says.

"Then why did you run?" T'Challa asks.

"Why wouldn't he run?" Y/N says. "You have claws."

T'Challa almost glances back at her but thinks better of it, clearly not wanting to let Bucky get away. "American Dream."

Y/N grimaces. "That's my name, don't wear it out."

"Can we not banter right now?" Bucky says.

"You weren't part of the banter," T'Challa replies.

"What happened to 'no more bloodshed'?" Y/N asks, she crouches next to him, though neither he nor Bucky move. His claws retract, but he still keeps his hold on Bucky.

"This isn't bloodshed. This is an interrogation."

"Then, by all means. Interrogate."

"Are you serious?" Bucky says.

"If you didn't kill my father, why did you run?" T'Challa repeats.

"Like she said, you have claws. It was very scary, and very confusing. I barely knew what was going on. I still barely know what's going on. I'd rather be flying away right now, trying to stop that psychologist from waking up a bunch of mega assassins."

"I would also like to be doing that, for the record," Y/N says.

T'Challa sits back. "So would I. If what you say is true, I should see it for myself, correct? And if you're lying, I'll be right there."

"And you will be free to kill me," Bucky says, "because I'm not lying."

T'Challa stands, and Bucky and Y/N follow suit. Using her comm, Y/N tells everyone to come on. She looks at T'Challa. "So... maybe a bit more bloodshed."