Preference: I'm Not Going Anywhere | Stranger Things

Verse: "For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." Ephesians‬ ‭2:10‬

Encouragement: God has a plan for us. He has chosen us to do His work on this earth — and He will be with us every step of the way! He has chosen us to make a difference for good and His glory on this earth. We get to be apart of what He's doing, we just have to say yes! We get to be difference makers.

Just the... babysitters? Adults? Technically? Idk. The older ones.

Prompt #30
Requested by Gai011
Summary: One of you is not going anywhere.

QOTP: Did you cry watching season 4?

Word Count: 2641

Billy -
Everybody thought Y/N was crazy for going out with Billy Hargrove, and, honestly, he did too. But not at first.

No, at first, she caught his eye from across the counter of the corner store on Main Street. He turned on the charm, and she laughed and fumbled, nervous under his gaze. But in a good way. She let him show her a good time, driving a bit too fast when she got off work, taking her to eat, to the mall. Winking at her from across the pool when she showed up at his job.

They had fun — a lot of fun, in fact. He liked making her flustered and buying her ice cream, kissing her in the car for just a little bit too long for her parents liking. He liked watching the front porch light flick on and off as they signaled that it was time for her to go in, and he especially liked stealing just one more long kiss as she went to get out of the car. He liked teasing her and making her laugh, he liked the way her eyes shone in the dark underneath the stars. And somewhere along the way he realized he liked all those things too much with her — about her — to ever like them with somebody else. And it scared the crap out of him.

One Saturday afternoon, she was off work, sitting in his passenger seat and humming to the radio. Her eyes followed unseen things out the window, and he wanted to know what she was thinking about, even if it was something as simple as work or plans for college in the fall or what store she wanted to go in once they got to the mall. Her finger tapped lightly on her purse to the beat, and he wanted to reach over and grab her hand. Just to hold it. Instead, he gripped the steering wheel a bit tighter; Billy Hargrove didn't want to just hold a girl's hand. What for? If she grabbed his hand, alright, fine, but what was the point in that? And yet, there he was.

He glanced over at her again, at her serene face, not a clue in the world about what was happening to him not a foot away from her. "How'd you do it?" he asked.

She turned to him, brows furrowed. "Do what?"

He wasn't quite sure how to answer without admitting something he wasn't ready to yet. "You know..."

"Do I?" She was half amused. "What are you talking about, babe?"

He shifted in his seat, eyes on the road. Babe. He'd been called that before, sure, but why was it different with her? Because the others just said it to say it? The others hadn't said it a hundred times because they never got the chance to? "This... Look, this is the longest... relationship I've ever been in."

She nodded along. "I know."

"Well... how'd you do it?"

"I think this was a team effort, don't you?" she replied, chuckling a bit.