Much Ado About... Almost Nothing (Part 1) | Colonel Robert Hogan

Verse: "Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance." James‬ ‭1:2-3‬

Encouragement: It's hard to be joyful when we go through trials. A lot of times we can find ourselves asking why it's happening and why us. We don't always get those answers, and if we do, we almost never get them right away. What we do know, is that nothing that happens to us is wasted. Nothing is for nothing. Our trials grow and bring us closer to God. They strengthen our faith, and they can help us relate to others in the future. And God is always with us in them; He feels our pain. We can always go to Him.

I don't know how many people will read this but I had an idea. Here we are. This is a thing. A break from all the Marvel. Enjoy.

Summary: Colonel Y/N Y/L/N decides to grant Colonel Robert Hogan's wish after a bitter argument and lets him run things on his own for awhile.

QOTP: Lebeau or Newkirk?

Word Count: 5561

Colonel Y/N Y/L/N did not pretend to be a man, pay off a doctor, lie to almost the entire US Army, face death every day, get shot twice and then captured by a bunch of rude Krauts for this.

The tiny alcove next to the radio room was usually cold, but now it is filled with palpable, white hot rage as what should've been an easy discussion of plans escalated to a knock down drag out fight between an egotistical hot head and a woman with too much pride to compromise when she thinks she's right — and who honestly needs a break from the testosterone she's constantly surrounded by.

"I'm telling you, it's way too risky," Hogan criticizes.

Y/N rolls her eyes. "And I'm telling you, your plan is way too slow! London needs that base out of commission by Friday before they ship out all of that ammo. If you wait to contact the Underground and get inside agents in there, you won't get that base blown up until it's too late."

"But you can't just waltz up to a German ammo base and expect them not to shoot you!" Hogan argues. "You will absolutely not be able to stall anybody long enough for Carter to plant bombs. They'll catch him, and you, and that's our whole operation in front of a firing squad! It's too risky!"

Y/N shakes her head, sighing. "I find this funny."

"Oh, do you now?"

"I find it absolutely hilarious that when you come up with incredibly risky plans, it's perfectly okay for us to go through with them. But when it's me, all of a sudden you have a problem with it. Why is that exactly?"

"When we have an option not to do the most risky thing-"

"We don't have an option! We need that base blown up before Friday!"

"The war will go on whether we blow it up before Friday or not! That ammo shipment isn't essential-!"

"We could save lives!"

"Yeah, all of ours and this whole operation 'cause we're not doing your plan!"

"We're not doing yours!"

"We have to do something!"

"I'm trying, but you're not working with me right now! As per usual!"