The Café | Spencer Reid

I'm trying out a new thing with these where I connect an encouraging song to them. Let me know if you guys like it!
Weekly Verse: "The horse is made ready for battle, but victory rests with the Lord." Proverbs 21:31

Weekly Encouragement: Whatever it is that you're battling right now, you can be victorious with the Lord! If He is for you, who can be against you? This is you day of victory! It will likely be a process, but with God, you got this!

Ways to help the world: https://issuesintheworld.carrd.co . Become educated on the situations in our world, and on who these organizations are, who runs these petitions, and what they stand for and what their goals are, so you can better determine what you stand for and what your goals are.

Video to watch to donate to BLM: https://youtu.be/bCgLa25fDHM (or search "how to financially help BLM with no money" on YouTube)

Requested by @nico_robin-
Summary: Dr. Y/N Y/L/N, a surgeon, frequented a café near her new apartment, and so did Spencer, a man she'd never spoken to but only seen a number of times. Then, one day, when she was rushing out of there to get to work, they collided — literally.

QOTP: Which is your favorite season of the show?

Word Count: 3377

Dr. Y/N Y/L/N was trying her best to have a nice breakfast every morning; it was the most important meal of the day, she'd heard, and having a good breakfast would certainly help her focus on the task at hand instead of her growling stomach. But she also didn't want to wake up at 4am.

So, instead of taking the time to make it herself, she started going to the café relatively close to her new apartment in order to grab herself a [pastry/sandwich/café food] and a [hot drink]. She tried to leave early enough so that she could be sure to make it to work on time, but it didn't always work out that way. She was a surgeon — she'd recently completed her residency and gotten a job, in fact — and therefore could be needed at a moment's notice.

When she couldn't make it to the café, she ate a granola bar, ran to work, and got something from the cafeteria when she had the time. But even with this (and the other things involved with her job that some would certainly see as cons), she loved her job. She just wished the café was an option every day.

Sometimes, when she was able to go in in the mornings, she would sit down if she had that much time and just look around while she ate. Her pager would always be on her, and her phone would be on the table in case anyone needed her, but she would just sit in the moment and observe. It was one of these mornings when she first saw Spencer.

She didn't know his name then, but she thought he was cute. He was tall, and his brown hair was thick and wavy, messy in just the right way, coming down past his ears. He always wore a button-down shirt and a tie, and a blazer over top. He looked comfortable, but ready for work, though Y/N didn't know what, exactly, that work was. Once, he actually sat down at a table near her, and she couldn't help but notice the bright, patterned socks he had hidden underneath the hems of his pants. It made her smile.

She heard him talking to the barista once, as she was standing a couple people behind him in line. She didn't remember what he said, only that he seemed friendly, but she did learn his name that time.

She never talked to him. She never thought about him much, either, unless he walked in the café while she was there. He didn't seem to notice her, anyway, but she didn't much mind. Sometimes she wondered what he was like, when she had the time. Other times, she merely noticed his presence and moved on. There was work to do.