The Lady in the Rain | Spider-Man Noir

Verse: "Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland." Isaiah‬ ‭43:18-19‬ ‭

Encouragement: God is doing a new thing! He is working in us and in the world, even when it doesn't feel like it. He will move us to work alongside Him in what He's doing in the world right now!

I've never written for this gentlemen before, but I'm going to doing my best. I'm not the greatest at detective stories, but here we go.

Also, I just uploaded a short story to my random writings book! I wrote it for my fiction class. Check it out if you'd like!

Prompts #7, #18, #19
Requested by @AnimeDweeb2020
Summary: Peter Parker recounts the tale of how he met Y/N Y/L/N.

QOTP: Comic Noir or movie Noir?

Word Count: 5747

She's standing next to the grave side, surrounded by people but still by herself. Everyone here is wearing black, but for some reason I can pick her out of the crowd, hear her quiet sobs under all the chatter. I shouldn't be part of this crowd, even on the outskirts, and yet here I am. Because she asked me to be.

The first time I met Y/N Y/L/N, it was raining outside. It beat down in torrents against the windows, like fists banging against the glass. Like everybody in the city wanted into my office — but I knew that wasn't true. Not a soul had entered that dark space but myself in two weeks. And yet I still came. There are always lulls in this business.

I busied myself by filing and refiling my old cases in the two cabinets in the corner. They were dark wood, smooth and heavy. My trashcan was filled with doodles and receipts from nearby restaurants. But that night, when the rain began beating down on the city, when everyone ran through that maze of streets to their homes, I stayed put in my office. I occasionally peaked through the blinds to the empty streets below. Not a soul ever ventured out.

Not until she did. And I didn't see her until she was already knocking at my door, rain dripping off her coat and soaking my carpet. "Mr. Parker?"

I made no complaints, delighted to see someone in my office. "Yes, yes. Come in, have a seat."

"Thank you." Her voice was quiet. She sank in the chair on the other side of the desk. Her Y/E/C eyes didn't meet mine, but they were desperate, cheap make up running down her face from the rain. Her coat was out of fashion, but it was well taken care of, patched up with precision. She had it pulled tight around her, her hands clasping and unclasping in her lap. She had a little handbag on her elbow, dark and distressed at the corners. Her eyes drifted to the cube resting on my desk, and a crease formed between her brows. "What's that?"

"It's a, uh- It's a trinket. I got it on... vacation. For work. I don't take vacations from work, I live and breathe my work." I paused a moment and got back on track. "What's your name?"

"Y/N Y/L/N."

"And what can I do for you?"

She shifted in her seat, dropped her eyes to my desk. Her breaths were shuttering. "It's my sister. She's gone missing."

I nodded; I've heard that statement before. I grabbed the notepad to my right and scribbled her name at the top, ready to write down all the information I could get to start on this investigation.