Preference: This is a Date... Isn't it? | Moon Knight

Verse: "'Am I only a God nearby,' declares the Lord, 'and not a God far away? Who can hide in secret places so that I cannot see them?' declares the Lord. 'Do not I fill heaven and earth?' declares the Lord." Jeremiah‬ ‭23‬:‭23‬-‭24‬ ‭‬‬

Encouragement: God is everywhere! He made everything, and we can see His glory in everything He has made! There's no where we can go where He won't be. He is always with us!

Steven Grant my beloved

Prompt #24
Requested by me because I am in love with Steven Grant

Summary: Y/N goes on a date with Marc or Steven... right?

QOTP: Which episode was your favorite?

Word Count: 1630

Marc Spector -
Marc chews on his lip, staring at the invitation. He's read it at least five times. The paper is thick, glossy. His thumb covers up part of the gold border. It wasn't easy to get ahold of this. This is his best shot, though, to take out this target. And for once, he's pretty on board with Khonsu on this one, not that it would matter. Even Steven hasn't complained much about it. This guy is awful and hiding in plain sight. And yet it's not easy to get to him. This party is the perfect opportunity.

And he can bring a plus one. If he shows up alone, especially being him, an unknown, he's going to look suspicious.

But who could he bring? Who would fit in in an environment like that? It hits him.

No, Steven says. No, no, no, absolutely not.

"She is perfect for this," Marc argues.

So you're going to use the woman you love for some sort of mission for Khonsu?

"I- No. I don't- I don't love her? What are you talking about?"

Sure, you don't love her. But still? Using her? For this?

"I'm not using her. She'll love this, she loves this kind of stuff. She doesn't even have to know what we're there for."

And now you're lying?

"I'm not listening to your moral preaching," Marc says, subsequently ignoring every other argument Steven has. She will love it, and he'll pay for everything. It'll be fine.

////

He asked — Steven went on and on the entire time that he asked — and she said yes. And part of him questioned himself, but he knew this was the best way, and she seemed so excited about the idea anyway.

So, here they are, in this magnificent room, filled with chattering, well-dressed people, wearing expensive clothes and jewelry to display their wealth and talking about their properties and vacations to display their money. Marc got himself a nice suit, felt a bit foreign in it, but Y/N wore her gown as if it was made for her. As if it was just the way things were. Not to show off or something, or prove a point. As if the dress were an extension of herself.

He forces himself to turn his attention elsewhere, to the host of the party, always surrounded by people trying to impress him. There's never a moment to get to him. They end up sticking to the sides of the room while Marc tries to figure out what he should do, watching this man while trying not to make it too obvious.