Preference: Best Friend's Sister | Merlin

Weekly Encouragement: We can get through this! God is with us! Seek joy! Remember you are loved, no matter what! It's okay to feel sad or weary! But remember it will be okay! He is here for you, and you can always go to Him!

Weekly Verse: "For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." Isaiah 41:13

Ways to support Black Lives Matter: https://www.tomsguide.com/news/black-lives-matter-donations-shirts-resources-and-how-to-help . Become educated on the situation in our country/world, and on who the organization is and what they stand for and what their goals are, so you can better determine what you stand for and what your goals are.

Video to watch to donate to BLM: https://youtu.be/bCgLa25fDHM (or search "how to financially help BLM with no money" on YouTube)

Yes, the song from Victorious popped in my head when I thought of the title.

Also Arthur's is longer than Merlin's. Whoops.

Summary: You're one's sister and the object of the other's affections.

QOTP: Bradley with blonde or black hair?

Word Count: 7101

Arthur -
Merlin woke Arthur up and set out his breakfast with a wide smile, uncharacteristic for the morning and Arthur's own sour mood. Sitting at his table, he looked up at Merlin with a raised brow. "Why are you so happy this morning?"

"Oh," Merlin said, busy pulling out Arthur's clothes. "I'll try to frown then, since it bothers you." But he only succeeded in frowning for a few seconds. "Nope, sorry, sire. I can't help but smile."

"What for?" Arthur asked interestedly; he really was curious.

Merlin beamed. "My sister is coming to visit in a few days."

Arthur set his fork down in mild surprise. "Sister? I didn't know you had a sister."

Merlin shrugged. "I just never mentioned her. But I got a letter from her yesterday, and it said she'd follow it as soon as she sent it out. I did the math, and that means she'll be here in two or three days. I haven't seen her since I came here."

"She's coming alone? Not with anymore of your family — perhaps the twelve brothers you also never mentioned?"

"It's only her and my mother, and my mother isn't able to make the journey; someone must stay at home. Though she said a man from the village is passing Camelot on his way to somewhere else, and he's escorting her here."

"Who's escorting her back?"

Merlin turned sheepish. "Well... I thought I would so I could see my mother, and then, of course, I'd come back here..."

"And did it slip your mind that you would need to ask my permission to do this?"

"No. I'm asking you... right now..."

Arthur turned from him and picked up his goblet. "Does she even require an escort?"

"Well, I'd say she can probably defend herself, but she's a little over a year younger than me, and as an older brother, I would feel a lot better if she weren't alone."

Arthur sighed and nodded. "Of course. You may escort her back, but don't dally."

Merlin's smile returned. "I knew you'd agree. She'll be staying for a few weeks — a month at the most — so I won't leave for some time, anyway."

"Where is she staying?" Arthur asked, realizing that the girl had little options.

"Oh, she'll probably sleep on the sick bed. And, if it's needed..." Merlin thought, but came up with nothing "... we'll figure it out."