Preference: First Meeting | Jane Austen Novels

Above I have pictured my favorite versions of each character. I have to mention though, I haven't seen every adaption of Sense and Sensibility; I didn't watch the BBC series. With Pride and Prejudice, it was kinda hard to pick favorites between the 1995 and the 2005, and with Emma I love both the 2020 and 2009. With Northanger Abbey, I have complaints about both movies that I saw, but I like the actor for the 2007 one better. I pictured him as Enver Gjokaj, though. Wentworth I pictured as Lucas Jade Zumann since I pictured Anne as Amybeth McNulty (but both like older I guess???), so I just picked the 2007 one. Also, no Mansfield Park because I just... I can't. I probably wouldn't do Tom or Henry if I did, and I can't do Edmund. I just can't.

I think 99% of this is just banter.

Weekly encouragement: I know a lot of us feel weary right now, but it won't last forever! Take a moment and breathe and think of all the things you're grateful for! You can pray and cast your cares and worries to God! He hears our prayers, and He is with us! Seek joy, and remember that you are not alone!

Summary: Your first meeting.

QOTP: What's your favorite adaption of each novel?

Word Count: 6095

Emma
Frank Churchill -
The names "Captain Weston" and "Mrs. Weston" and "poor Frank" were being thrown around the house by Miss Y/N Y/L/N's parents [or other family members] quite often, and Y/N was not oblivious to it. She did not know the Westons, but she soon caught names she did know — Mr. and Mrs. Churchill. They were very close friends of her parents [or other family members], and she had met them many times. She liked Mr. Churchill, though Mrs. Churchill was quite another story.

What Y/N could not understand, however, was that something dreadful had happened to this Mrs. Weston, and poor Frank was suffering acutely, but the Churchills were going to help him. He was coming to stay with them, and they were all coming to visit her family after he arrived.

Y/N was put in her second best dress, per her mother's [or other family member's] instruction, and then she was taken to the sitting room, where she saw Mr. and Mrs. Churchill, and a boy she didn't know.

"Y/N, dear," her mother [or other family member] said, "this is Frank Weston. Say 'hello.'"

She did her best. "'Ello."

"Frank," Mrs. Churchill prompted. "Say, 'hello.'"

He did the same. They both were then put on the floor with a toy or two to play with while the adults talked, familiar and unfamiliar words being thrown around. Y/N ignored them, at first playing with her doll, but then becoming more interested in Frank's blocks. He was building a tower, and Y/N decided to help him. It was going swimmingly until Frank knocked it over, and she became angry at him. He merely laughed.

That was largely how they played for the next few years, and they played rather often. As they grew, their disagreements began to be more civil, at least on Y/N's side, as she would scold him with as much civility as she could muster, while he would simply laugh. They had fun moments, of course, otherwise they wouldn't like each other very much.

Through the years, the Westons were mentioned much less often, especially by Frank. Y/N had never found out exactly what had happened, as her parents [or other family members] wouldn't explicitly say it when she could hear. One day, when walking through the garden with Frank, getting out of the house to play Hide N' Seek, she got curious.

She turned to him, quietly asking, "Frank," for that was what she always called him and always would, even if it wasn't always proper, "what happened to your mother?"