You're Different From Me (Part 1) | Draco Malfoy

Verse: "one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all." Ephesians 4:6

Encouragement: God is with us every step of the way, even when you can't feel Him! He's there, He's listening, and He's always working for our good and His glory. Trust Him, ask Him to make you more aware of His presence. Look for Him in His creation. He holds everything together always.

Taking the weekly out bc these are so not weekly anymore I'm soRRY.

vintage_grace helped s o much what an amazing person all around

Prompts #2 and #13
Requested by @rosyspetal
Summary: Y/N Diggory finally arrives at Hogwarts and makes a number of friends, but one in particular is an unlikely one.

QOTP: The Burrow or Malfoy Manner [manner??? what is this the Addams Family??]?

Word Count: 4604

When Y/N Diggory arrives at Hogwarts for the first time, she parts ways with her brother and his kind friends to go and make her own. There are familiar and unfamiliar faces, and she ends up in a boat with a nice girl named Hannah Abbott. They talk a little, but mostly stare in awe at their surroundings. As they walk into the school with the other First Years, Y/N's eyes move over on the paintings lining the castle walls eagerly.

When they finally stop, she looks around her, realizing she's lost Hannah. Instead, she spots a blonde-haired boy she knows as Draco Malfoy. He's talking to a boy with brown hair that she doesn't know.

"It's true then, what they're saying on the train. Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts," Draco says.

"Harry Potter?" Y/N whispers, looking closely at the brown-haired boy. He doesn't speak, letting Draco go on, gesturing to the boys behind him.

"This is Crabbe and Goyle. And I'm Malfoy, Draco Malfoy." The red-haired boy next to Harry Potter — Ron Weasley, Y/N realizes — laughs under his breath. Draco hears. "Think my name's funny, do you? No need to ask yours. Red hair, and a hand-me-down robe? You must be a Weasley." He glares, turning back to Harry as Y/N's face becomes fixed in a frown. "Well, you'll soon find that some wizarding families are better than others, Potter. Don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort. I can help you there." He holds out his hand.

"I think I can tell who the wrong sort are for myself, thanks," Harry shoots back.

Professor McGonagall comes back and taps Draco's shoulder with a paper. He glares again and turns around. They all walk into the Great Hall, a large room with a night sky for a ceiling and floating candles for lights. Older students line the tables, and Y/N soon finds Cedric waving at her and waves back.

She then turns to her left and sees Draco and his friends, the former with a dignified glare. It sets her frowning again, her excitement dulled by his comments towards Ron. Her family and the Weasleys have been friends for years.

"What are you frowning about?"

She looks at Draco in surprise; it takes her a moment to answer. "What you said."

"When?" His voice drops to a whisper as the Sorting Ceremony begins.

Y/N watches Hannah get sorted into Hufflepuff for a moment before turning back to an impatient Draco. "A few minutes ago — to Ron Weasley. It wasn't very nice."