Bravery and Love | Prince Caspian

Prompts #3, #4, #22, and #37
Requested by me asking SophisticatedGoat to randomly pick three numbers and then thinking that #4 was #3 and making a mistake as per usual

Summary: Y/N was a cousin of the Penvensie children, and she was supposed to be catching the train home with them. However, she ended up visiting a strange and wonderful place — and meeting a strange and wonderful prince...

QOTP: Peter or Caspian?

Word Count: 8735

Y/N Y/L/N was leisurely walking with her cousin Edmund back to the train station, where they'd left Edmund's older brother and one of his sisters (and Y/N's cousins) Peter and Lucy.

They'd first arrived with Edmund's older sister Susan as well, but the five of them had split up to do whatever it was they desired before their train was scheduled to leave. Edmund wished to walk farther down the street to look in a shop, and Y/N didn't particularly want to sit in the station with a bunch of loud students, so she went with him. Susan went to fetch something to read on the ride back home — the Penvensies' home, where Y/N was to stay until they returned to school again. Peter and Lucy simply stayed where they were.

As Y/N and Edmund reentered the station, they heard a loud commotion — much louder than usual — and the closer they got, the easier it was to hear what all those rowdy students were shouting.

"Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!" Over and over.

Edmund took off running, and Y/N followed, worried at his reaction. She knew what he was thinking: It was probably Peter. He'd been restless this past year, due to an experience neither he nor his siblings had went into detail about with Y/N, even though she'd asked.

Edmund shoved through the crowd, which was half on the stairs and surrounding a small space where multiple boys were a blur of limbs, hitting and punching and kicking. Y/N saw Susan, then heard Lucy shout, "Edmund!" as he passed. It soon became clear that Peter was involved in the fight, getting thrown around and hit by more than one boy at once. Edmund was thrown to the ground too, but he got back up and began fighting again.

Two boys pushed Peter to the edge of the platform, holding his head down over the tracks. One of them rolled him over and kicked him in the stomach. Edmund rushed forward to pull the boys off of him. Y/N tried to push through the crowd, to get to both of them, but it was no use — especially not with Lucy keeping ahold of her arm.

The fight finally ended when two soldiers came over, one of them blowing a shrill whistle. With the help of a few other boys, they pulled the fight apart, and the quickly dispersing crowd finally allowed Y/N and her two nonviolent cousins to reach Edmund and Peter. They were both disheveled, both bruised, but only Peter seemed ashamed.

Soon after, all five of them got their luggage and sat down on a bench to wait for the train.

"You're welcome," Edmund huffed. He was talking to Peter, who sat in between his brother and his cousin. Lucy was on Y/N's other side, and Susan sat on the end.

"I had it sorted," Peter insisted bitterly, standing to wait at the edge of the platform.

Susan sighed. "What was it this time?"

"He bumped me," Peter said simply.

Y/N raised a brow, but before she could ask, Lucy did. "So you hit him?"

"No," Peter said. "After he bumped me, they tried to make me apologize. That's when I hit him."

"And that was strictly necessary?" Y/N asked. "The world would cease to spin if you didn't so immaturely defend yourself?"