Preference: Prompt 33 | Gryffindor Quidditch Team

Requested by @investigaten

I didn't want to do every HP character I normally do, so just the Gryffindor Quidditch Team. Go Lions, I guess.

Also, I'm fairly sure I've asked that QOTP before but that part is hilarious so...

Summary: He asks you if you've ever thought about, "you know... us."

QOTP: ARE YOU A WITCH OR NOT?!

Word Count: 4392

Fred -
You met Fred at Hogwarts. You were in the same year as he and his twin brother, George, and you often found their antics amusing. They would always say something to you in the hall as you passed — especially Fred. He would often call out a pun or joke, or sometimes just say a simple hello. He would grin when you laughed or waved back.

Over time, he talked to you more and more. You became friends, but both of you wanted more.

He asked you to the Yule Ball, and you went together. You began dating shortly after that.

The next year, you were invited to the Burrow for Christmas. Mrs. Weasley even made you a sweater.

Then, he and his brother dropped out, leaving you with Umbridge and rapidly growing Harry Potter drama, which you were a bit more involved in due to being Fred's girlfriend. You fought over his leaving — your first real fight — but it was what he wanted, and, ultimately, what was best for him. You understood that eventually.

After that, everything was going great. He even told George that he thought, maybe in a few years, he wanted to marry you.

But things got crazy. You ended up going with Harry and his friends to the Ministry — you just had to join DA at the beginning of year — and had to fight Death Eaters, which was traumatizing in and of itself. There was one moment where you came face to face with a Death Eater while running away, and you both stood there in shock for a moment before he began to raise his wand. He would've cast the killing curse on you had Ron Weasley not cast Expelliarmus at him.

Then, there was Sirius Black...

You didn't know the man, but you heard Harry speak of him, and the look on all their faces when it happened — the anguished screams, the shouting. Lupin holding Harry back.

It was a lot — too much, in fact.

When Fred heard what had happened and the fact that you were there, he wrote to you immediately, giving you almost no time at all before he himself arrived. You were okay, and he felt better once he was sure of that, but you weren't okay.

"Dueling in DA was nothing compared to that," you said. "That was... Fred, it was awful."

And he hugged you and told you he knew, but everything was okay now, and you were going to be okay. But everything just got worse. Voldemort and his Death Eaters, the whole Wizarding World going crazy, arguing, splitting.

On top of that, in your personal life, that battle had made everything that much worse. It was real, and it was scary. Then there was the fact that Fred was rarely around anymore. He was busy starting his business with George — which was understandable, but it made it harder for you. You wanted to see him more; just his presence was comforting sometimes, especially when your mind brought you back to that battle and craziness going on in the Wizarding World.

Your being apart so much put a strain on your relationship, and you broke up. It wasn't a messy break up; there was no big fight, just a discussion. Neither of you really wanted it, but you knew it needed to happen. He didn't have time, and you needed to focus on your life and moving forward.