041 | best-laid plans

╔═══════ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄

'𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭-𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐬' ════════════╝the wedding, pt

the wedding, pt. I

━━ -ˋˏ★ˎˊ- ━━

...D'QAR, ILEENIUM SYSTEM

𝐈𝐓 𝐓𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐓 of the afternoon to set up all of the lights. Reeve, with the generous help of Rose and Paige Tico, managed to drag no less than eleven crates of strand lights and ten more lamps out from maintenance storage. Aliyah and Lyra stayed outside in the cool breeze, busily hanging up strands as the rest of the wedding supplies were brought out. By some miracle, Reeve had wrangled Elgie into helping, and the little droid was puttering around using a retractable tether to help pull loads back and forth.

Lights were strung up in the air and tied around a cluster of six trees. It created what would be a well-lit altar at dusk, and it would also double as the reception area. Eleni had eventually agreed to help with the sound system and took over general organization, which was not Poe's intent. She was busy barking orders at Ellis who was trying his best to help her set up tables in a perfectly straight line. Dash Pellian and a handful of other pilots who had volunteered to help had been goofing around with the microphone, but as soon as Eleni saw them she went straight into Major-mode and started yelling, if you don't want to help, go back inside and fix a ship!

It all spilled out from the cement edge of the runway and into a small clearing that was the perfect size. The original idea had been to wrap the trunks of the trees with lights, but they realized that they wouldn't have enough for it.

Georgie placed the last of his strategically-organized lamps on the ground and stepped back to admire his work.

"That looks good, Georgie," Lyra said as she opened another crate.  Eden was the only one not outside, deeply concerned about her family after her home system had been destroyed.  Lyra and Aliyah had helped her set up transmission scans the previous night, but so far, it was fruitless.  No contact had been made.

"Thank you," he nodded. "I've been to a fair share of upper escalon weddings back home. Those were all mostly for money. This is far more fun of an occasion."

"I bet the food was better at those weddings, though," Reeve said with her hands on her hips. "Shit, I'd kill for cake that wasn't dry as dirt."

"That's the spirit, Reviera," Georgie told her with a shit-eating grin.