010 | what once was

╔════════════ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍

'𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬' ═════════════╝

━━ -ˋˏ★ˎˊ- ━━

...KADDAK, OUTER RIM TERRITORIES

𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐎𝐂𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍 that Lyra was pleasantly surprised, she knew not to hope her luck would hold for long. Not quite pessimistic, it was realistic to expect the worst on a planet like Kaddak. 

"Wait," Poe said from behind her. He jogged to catch up with his blaster in his hand, still oblivious to what had just occurred. "Where's Oddy?"

Lyra turned around, still keeping up the charade. "I thought he was behind you?"

"Well, he was about ten seconds ago," Poe muttered. "This isn't good, how did he manage to get lost?"

Lyra gave an absent shrug and looked down at the screen of her watch. The blaster she had given Oddy was equipped with a miniature tracking device that Georgie liked to use for remote explosive placement. Apparently, it also worked really well for tracking spies.

"Why are you not worried about this?" Poe demanded. "It's literally part of your personality to worry about this kind of stuff."

Finally, she looked up at him. "I'm good at hiding my worry."

"What are you looking at?" He reached out and grabbed her wrist to pull it towards him so he could see the watch better. It was a gentle action, a very Poe-like action, but her gut reaction was still to twist her hand out from his grasp.

"Don't," Lyra warned.

He let his arm fall, defeated. "I just want to know what's going on. Unless you have some idea of what to do about this--" he shut his mouth when he saw the look on her face "--you know what's going on, don't you?"

Lyra gave a tired sigh. "Oddy is the spy."

The shock on his face morphed into confusion, and then anger as he put it all together. "Oddy? How long have you known about this?" His brown eyes were bitter and accusing. 

"I didn't know for certain until the moment he ran off," she told him.  Even though she had expected this reaction, she still flinched at his anger. "It was a calculated risk."