073 | vices

╔════ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

'𝐯𝐢𝐜𝐞𝐬' ═══════╝

━━ -ˋˏ★ˎˊ- ━━

. . . PASAANA, EXPANSION REGION

𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐏𝐄𝐍 𝐀𝐈𝐑, Lyra thought she would feel better than when she was in the darkness underground. But as they climbed up the rocks that lead to Ochi's ship, the foreboding was only getting worse and worse. It was easing now that there was no fire in her palm, but the strain in her bones was a near-constant companion.

It must have showed on her face, because Poe kept looking back at her with his familiar concern as he walked on a little way ahead of her. Nascha was behind, keeping her mouth shut instead of picking more fights, and for the most part, they moved on in silence.

"You okay?" Poe finally asked. He was struggling to find something to say to her and it all sounded so awkward and hollow. They had both learned how to live without each other.

Lyra let her features relax. "I'll be better when we get this done."

"You and me both," he muttered.

Lyra was at a loss. Poe's soft curls had grown out a little, but there was something fundamental that had changed enough to indicate any passage of time. He had always been a leader, but he was more resigned to the task now. His impulse had dulled to an old habit. He walked like everything around them was his burden alone.

"We need to find someone who can translate the dagger," Rey said from behind them.

Poe snorted. "Like a helpful droid."

"I suggest we return to the Millenium Falcon at once," Threepio supplied, sliding a little on the rocks.

"They'll be waiting for us at the Falcon," Poe said.

"Yeah, they'll throw us in the Pits of Griq," Finn said, ever the optimist.

"And use you as a target droid," Poe continued, looking too pleased at the thought.

"You both make excellent points, at times," Threepio muttered with uncertainty.

Chewie made no comment, focused on carrying Bee up the steep incline. And Nascha was still uncharacteristically silent, head turned and staring off into the distance. Poe continued to climb, unaware that Lyra had stopped moving.

"Nascha, what is it?" she asked with narrowed eyes.

"Nothing," the girl shook her head and brushed past Lyra without a second look.