074 | fire & ice

╔════ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

'𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞 & 𝐢𝐜𝐞' ═══════╝

━━ -ˋˏ★ˎˊ- ━━

. . . KIJIMI, BRYX SECTOR

𝐙𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐈 𝐓𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐌 𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍 a back alley path that Poe found he still remembered. Each footstep was a memory uncovered. Fifteen years old, lost and confused, forced to grow up fast after running away from Yavin IV. Long, cold days taught him how to be confident or suffer for perceived weakness. They would have killed him had he not been a useful pilot, the boy who would fly anything. He was a glorified asset, an impressionable teenager who had lost his mother and cut all ties only to become just as lost as he had felt on Yavin IV.

And as they entered the bar, he still had a hard time believing he was back on such a whim. Strange vertigo pinched at his senses as he stepped through the threshold. The thick scent of alcohol-laden air burned his lungs.

"Babu's in the back," Zorii said, not stopping for anything.

His posture remained tense as they passed the patrons. The music was all low-pitched, off-key notes. Dull light was forced through the grime on the narrow windows and it was only a little cleaner than the streets outside.

As they came around the bar he watched Nascha swiftly grab an unattended shot of liquor off the counter and down it.

The story Poe had put together in his head only got more convoluted with each new thing Nascha did. A walking contradiction, Nascha seemed to simultaneously want to help them and sell them for bounty. But she had attempted to fight off Zorii, which Poe was still deciding the reasoning for. Part of him wondered if she just liked the thrill of picking fights.

The back of the building was where the real magic happened. Through a door with a rusted control panel, the noise of the bar dampened to a dull beat of synthetic music. A mess of spare parts old and new, each surface was an active workbench for Babu Frik, a small Anzellan who could fix just about anything made of metal. Rey was in paradise as she looked around, wide-eyed at the room.

Zorii said a few quick words to Babu in Anzellan, then she turned to face them. With the helmet on her head, there was no hope of dissecting her expressions.

"Sit the droid down and Babu can get to work. Anything funny–" she held up her blaster pistol and it gleamed silver in the light. "And we'll take care of this the easy way."