018 | the mutual understanding

╔════════ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

'𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐮𝐭𝐮𝐚𝐥 𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠' ═══════╝

━━ -ˋˏ★ˎˊ- ━━

...D'QAR, ILEENIUM SYSTEM

𝐀𝐂𝐂𝐄𝐒𝐒 𝐃𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐄𝐃.

Lyra narrowed her eyes, scrunching her nose in confusion. Two days ago, Georgie spilled fruit juice on her command module and there had to be a hard backup of all the active files onto a smaller computer. She had disabled the biometric scan for the sake of security, but she knew her password by heart. Her fingers moved slower across the glowing screen, typing each letter with care.

ACCESS DENIED.

A grunt of frustration escaped her lips and she typed it in again.

ACCESS DENIED.

The stool gave a deafening screech as she scooted backwards and away from the low desk. Her office had been a mess for the past three days, filled with half-empty mugs of caf and intelligence reports scribbled over and pinned up to the wall. The clutter was fitting for the situation.  Everything was a mess.

The Phoenix Squadron did most work behind closed doors, and Ellis had been spending a suspicious amount of time going over reconnaissance reports as a favor to Lyra while she focused on their bigger projects. She had been too busy to question it, a mistake on her part.

Georgie and Ellis weren't far away from the office door. The two of them sat at one of the command modules making a valiant attempt at looking busy. Georgie had his legs propped up, Ellis was eating a piece of buttered bread from the mess hall.

Lyra stopped in front of the two of them. "Password, please."

Georgie snorted. "Took you long enough."

Lyra bit the inside of her cheek. "Tell me what it is."

"Kylo-Ren-eat-shit."

"I thought it was ain't-shit?" Ellis asked, squinting one green eye.

Georgie thought about it for a moment. "Wait, wait. Kylo-ren-underscore-ain't shit. That should work."

Lyra tilted her head with silent disbelief. "Thank you so much for that one. I know you have ground patrols to do with the Green Squadron, I just checked the schedules. Go now before I make two write ups instead of one."