042 | all the stars

╔══════ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎

'𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐬' ════════════╝the wedding, pt

the wedding, pt. II

━━ -ˋˏ★ˎˊ- ━━

...D'QAR, ILEENIUM SYSTEM

𝐆𝐄𝐍𝐄𝐑𝐀𝐋 𝐎𝐑𝐆𝐀𝐍𝐀 smiled out at the crowd from her spot at their makeshift altar. Her hands were clasped together, a deep purple dress with a shimmering gold, fitted cloak adorned her like a Senator. She looked twenty years younger, the worry lines in her face eased by a soft smile. Still the princess of Alderaan even after all these years.

Poe stood at Snap's side as his best man, and Jess was up there next to Karé. From where Lyra was sitting next to Reeve in the back, she could see the heads of almost all the guests. Reeve had been staring ahead for the duration of the ceremony, but her gaze wasn't focused on Snap and Karé.

Lyra leaned over and whispered, "Who are you staring at?"

Without looking away, Reeve drawled, "I'm just watching a wedding, don't be stupid."

"Okay," Lyra relented. "But you're staring at the wrong person. This isn't Jess's wedding."

Reeve slammed her heel onto Lyra's foot.

"Ouch," she hissed lowly. Rey, who was sitting in front of them, whipped her head around with a questioning look. Lyra just gave her a tight smile and waved off her concern.

"Let's not pretend that you haven't been staring at Mr. Dameron this entire time," Reeve muttered under her breath. "You worry about your crush, I'll handle mine."

Lyra raised a brow. "So you're admitting that it's a crush?"

"Only if you are."

Lyra settled with staring forward and saying nothing further.

All things considered, the wedding was unorthodox. This was a Resistance wedding, one where the bride and groom had walked hand-in-hand up the aisle to the altar where General Leia Organa was waiting to officiate. Snap was dressed to the nines in the nicest suit they could find for him, and Karé was wearing head to toe in white, right down to her boots.

They exchanged their vows, and before Leia could even say the words, Snap had pulled Karé into a kiss. Snap was in a state of happy disbelief, still misty-eyed as he looked at Karé standing in front of him.