011 | a matter of trust

╔══════════ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

'𝐚 𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐭' ═══════════╝

━━ -ˋˏ★ˎˊ- ━━

...KADDAK, OUTER-RIM TERRITORIES

𝐋𝐘𝐑𝐀 𝐖𝐎𝐊𝐄 𝐔𝐏 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 still pressed into the hydraulic column of the ramp. Her neck was stiff and sore and the sky was just starting to turn from black to dingy gray. She blinked the sleep away to see Poe sitting in almost the same position as he had been in before, still keeping watch.

Lyra swallowed to clear her dry throat. "How long was I asleep?"

He didn't even spare her a glance, staring forward at the dirty gray sky. "Long enough."  Stretching out his arms above him, he told her, "I'll take my jacket back now."

Lyra looked down to see that his jacket, the beloved leather jacket, was draped across her torso like a small blanket. The gesture was not lost on her.

"Thank you," she told him as she handed it back. The words did not come easily.

His knuckles brushed against hers as he took hold of it. "You're welcome."

With the two droids in tow, they made their way back through the winding streets. Yesterday, Poe had pointed out a narrow staircase that they could use to get the droids to the upper level without being seen by too many people. It took Threepio a lot of exasperated hobbling and Poe had to boost Bee up a few of the higher stairs, but eventually they were right back where they had been the previous night. The daytime activity in the bar was dampened to a dull clink of glasses. A bulky woman with greasy hair shot them a sharp glare, but no one moved to intercept their very suspicious looking group.

In the back of the building, there was a conspicuous-looking table next to a door. Seated at it was a large man bursting out of an armored chest plate. His dark hair was slicked back. Threepio's idea was to just march up and demand to see the droid, apparently. Before Poe or Lyra could tell him to get his metal ass back, he was already talking.

"Excuse me sir, and all honor to the Ranc gang," Threepio said quickly. Lyra looked up at the ceiling, wondering how fast they could get out if they had to drag a scrapped droid behind them. "I am here to inquire with respect to a certain droid in your possession.