079 | bravado

╔════ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

'𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐚𝐝𝐨' ═══════╝

━━ -ˋˏ★ˎˊ- ━━

. . . KEF BIR, ENDOR SYSTEM

𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐀𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐋𝐂𝐎𝐍, Reeve was already working while she waited for them to return. Bee rolled around next to her, excited to see Poe again after being separated for a harrowing thirty minutes. She glanced up at the interruption and then went wide eyed as it registered that they hadn't returned alone.

"What's with the welcome party?" she asked, brown eyes already narrowed.

"We can't search the wreckage until tomorrow morning, the waves are too dangerous," Lyra explained. She could taste the salt off the breeze on her lips. "In the meantime, the riders said they might have parts for you to use to fix the Falcon."

"Good," she said, visibly relieved. "Finn's inside, but I'm not sure how much progress he's made." A shout of frustration echoed from inside the Falcon.

"I'll go help him," Rey volunteered. Lyra didn't miss the frustrated glare the girl still wore.

Jannah took in the sight of the ship, and looked at all of them with fresh eyes. "You're definitely Resistance."

"I'm Reeve," she introduced.

"Jannah."

"Pretty name," Reeve told her. "My little sister's name was Jannah, too."

Lyra smiled, placing her hand on the nose of the Orbak that Jannah had just slid off of. It leaned into her touch, pleased at the attention.

"He likes you," Jannah told her, running her own hand through a knot in his mane. Reeve backed away from another Orbak that was suddenly very interested in chewing on her shirt. "That one is called Linen."

"Can't imagine why you call him that," Reeve huffed, stepping closer to Lyra.

"They remind me of Gualaar," Lyra realized, startled at her own memory. "Just shorter and a lot more hairy."

"Gualaar," Jannah repeated. "You're from Naboo?"

Slowly, Lyra was putting together the pieces of Jannah's story. She wasn't from this place, that much was obvious. But Jannah was a natural leader and based on the bow slung over her back, a good shot. And, if she knew what a Gualaar was she must have some interest in animals. She rode the Orbak like she had been born to sit on a saddle.