064 | the bounty hunter

╔════ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

'𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐡𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫' ═══════╝

━━ -ˋˏ★ˎˊ- ━━

. . . AHCH-TO, UNKNOWN REGIONS

𝐋𝐔𝐊𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐓𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐒 𝐋𝐘𝐑𝐀'𝐒 𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐏 flew over the horizon. It became smaller until the setting sun swallowed it whole, and just like that his daughter was gone. Lost. All the things he never wanted her to be, manifested all at once.

This ends now.

He had saved the emergency torch from his survival kit so long ago, and he stopped in his hut and grabbed it off of the furthest shelf. The wind moved around him like an omen, and it felt like the sands of Tatooine that haunted his dreams were back to swallow him whole. Midnight coated the grass in shades of blue, and as he climbed over the rocks, he felt the fury constrict in his chest. He flicked the switch, and the torch burned orange. He thought of Lyra, like he always had and like he always would.

I'm done fighting your war.

Luke was a hair's breadth away from tossing the flames onto the towering Uneti tree when he felt a presence behind him. His shoulders tensed, and he dared to turn around.

A deep, shaky breath echoed from his throat. It had been years since he had seen a ghost. "Master Yoda."

Silhouetted in blue, the old master gave a melancholy grin. "Young Skywalker."

"I'm ending all of this," Luke vowed. "The tree, the text, the Jedi. I'm gonna burn it down."

He turned without waiting for a response. Those final stairs to the top made him strain to go faster, to propel himself into the inevitable doom. Holding the flame close to the bark, the shadows faded and all that was left in his line of sight were the dancing lines of a fire.

His legacy was marked by flame. Cora's entire life was spent trying to escape the charred ashes of a curse, and still he had done nothing to save their daughter before she gave up on everything she once loved. But what advice was there to give? He had done the same thing, he had felt the ache and pull of the chasm they called legacy. He had let Lyra fall off the edge.

Lightning crackled above, electrifying the clouds. Luke stumbled back seconds before a bolt of plasma seared straight through the tree with an echoic crack and flash of sparks. It looked like a volcano set ablaze, and he could hear the chuckle of Master Yoda behind him.