014 | into the dark

╔════════ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

'𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐤' ═══════════╝

pictured above: ellis melamed in the phoenix squadron office

━━ -ˋˏ★ˎˊ- ━━

...D'QAR, ILEENIUM SYSTEM

𝐓𝐖𝐎 𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐃 on base without any incident. They were healing from the loss of L'ulo Operations rolled onwards. It was war, and it was the way life was.

But too noticeable was the absence of their Commander of Covert Operations. It was like someone had cut the thread of a web and the whole thing collapsed. Tallie Lintra, on of his best  pilots, had come to him asking about the Blue Squadron's combat training schedule, and Poe had gone with her to Major Finis to find that no one knew how to keep the combat training schedules organized without Lyra.  Aliyah Teron was drowning in strategic plans, and it had gotten bad enough that Georgie and Ellis were behaving.

So, to put it mildly, it was going very bad.

The search for Luke Skywalker was put on hold indefinitely. Even after everything they had gone through to expose the spy, Leia couldn't bring herself to press on just yet. That and the fact that the New Republic was taking a closer look at Resistance operations after a high-profile Commander was reported missing in action. The search for Luke Skywalker was still nothing more than hunting for a ghost.  Even General Organa had been toeing the line of what she was allowed to allocate their resources to.

Disaster after disaster.  Poe was tired of getting up in the morning just to face another day of questions.  He was the last person to see Lyra Endellion alive, and no matter how many times he was forced to recount the story, it made no difference.  She was still missing.

"So we really aren't doing anything about it?" Eleni asked.

"I hate that you're saying we when you really mean me," Poe muttered in response. 

 He was standing outside with his arms crossed, talking to his sister while she ran diagnostics on a Green Squadron ship. Every conversation they had eventually returned to this same subject.  His sister cared deeply about Lyra.  They had known each other since Lyra was 16 and Eleni was 20, and Eleni had taken it upon herself to protect Lyra even though she was the last person that needed any protecting.