045 | end of the world

╔═══════ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

'𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝' ═══════════╝

━━ -ˋˏ★ˎˊ- ━━

...D'QAR, ILEENIUM SYSTEM

𝐋𝐄𝐈𝐀'𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐍𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒𝐍'𝐓 𝐑𝐄𝐂𝐄𝐈𝐕𝐄𝐃 𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐋.

How do you tell an entire Resistance ground army that the First Order is on their way to destroy it all? The Phoenix Squadron's information said they had a week at best, but Leia was being generous when she gave them two days at the most. The goal wasn't to be caught standing when the First Order arrived; they wanted to be gone before a Star Destroyer even reached Ileenium System airspace.

Anyone not out scouting was packing, loading, and ensuring they had enough munitions and supplies to last. The Anodyne was docked in the atmosphere awaiting cargo deliveries, and the Raddus, Leia's flagship, was en route to arrive by the end of the afternoon. Vice Admiral Holdo's Ninka was nearby, but they knew better than to have all of their fleet in the same spot at the same time.

Everyone was working overtime and patrol shifts now overlapped even more than they had before. Poe had commanded two Red Squadron shifts before Leia told him to stay on the ground so he could prep Black Squadron for leaving, a task he wasn't looking forward to. He didn't want to send them off into the depths of the galaxy without really knowing if they were going to find any allies. It was dangerous, but there were very few options left.

For now, though, he had a distraction. A long-awaited shuttle was making its way down to the surface of the planet. It landed on the runway without much ceremony, a beat-up ship that fit right in with the five U-55 orbital loadlifters that were currently being piled high with cargo.

Suralinda Javos looked like she fit right in when she stepped out. Her black hair was pulled away from her blue skin, and her jacket and pants looked almost exactly like the ones of the people running around outside. The last time he had seen her, she had been dressed as an undercover journalist on Pheryon. Now, she was here as the newest member of the Black Squadron.

"Commander Dameron." She gave her characteristic, sly smile that showed her white Squamatan fangs. "You're looking good."

"It's good to have you here," he said, ignoring the comment.

"Yeah, it'll be nice to have an extra pilot," Karé said.

"I dunno," Snap digressed, holding up a hand to shield the dull, cloudy light of the sun. "This still doesn't feel right, flying away safe and sound when the Resistance is running for their lives."